How to get Memo column in Investment account?

hi,

I need to sort by Memo, but there is no Memo column and I don't see any options to add Memo column to Investment account

I'd like also filter transactions by Memo in the account to make needed changes, using Find isn't easy to make needed changes as it takes back to the account

thanks
Best Regards
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @mikek753I

While there is no "Memo Column", there is a Memo field that is viewable if you have 2-Line "List display" selected.  Unfortunately, the Quicken Windows application will not permit sorting (or filtering) by the Memo field. 

You could make a suggestion that Quicken change the app to allow you to do what you would like to see by creating an "Product Idea Post" here in the Community.  Please go to this LINK to see other user ideas and potentially start your own.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @mikek753I

While there is no "Memo Column", there is a Memo field that is viewable if you have 2-Line "List display" selected.  Unfortunately, the Quicken Windows application will not permit sorting (or filtering) by the Memo field. 

You could make a suggestion that Quicken change the app to allow you to do what you would like to see by creating an "Product Idea Post" here in the Community.  Please go to this LINK to see other user ideas and potentially start your own.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might want to generate an Investment Transactions Report.  Customization for that report includes the opportunity to limit based on Memo under both the Categories and the Securities tabs.  From there you can click on any specific transaction and get to the actual transaction with that memo 'word' included.  
This discussion has been closed.