Rocky Start

Hi,
I purchased and downloaded Quicken and was looking forward to using it. Between having to research why my order confirmation did not include the activation code the site said it would and then having to install a patch to get the correct version in place, I am very disappointed thus far. Glad there's a 30-day money back guarantee, as I may need to use it.
Please tell me it gets better.

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It gets better. Having all your financial info in one place is a powerful tool for getting your financial life in order and on track for your goals. 

But it's not going to come with no work. You'll get out what you put in. Stick with it. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• I appreciate the encouragement. I have been using Excel to manage and track my finances for years, and while my hope is that Quicken will be able to reduce my time expenditure required to do so, I'm not surprised by or afraid of the upfront work required.

Based on my initial experience, I suspect Quicken may not be easy to work with when it comes to the more technical aspects of utilizing their product. (IE: It is not unreasonable to expect the most recent version of a product is what a customer will be prompted to download upon purchase.)

Hopefully this was just a small miss on their part, rather than an indicator of their service overall.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minnesota Nice I, too, used Excel to track my finances before switching to Quicken (a long time ago).

I would definitely recommend this forum as well as the Usenet group alt.comp.software.financial.quicken as resources when you have questions or issues with Quicken. There are long-time and extremely knowledgeable users answering posts. My use of Quicken has definitely been improved due to discussions and answers I've read from both sources over the years. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.