Error 202-A with Bank of America

Options
larabutler
larabutler Member ✭✭✭
Several days now I get an Error 202-A and am unable to update Quicken with Bank of America. I called Support and they ran Validate successfully but now Quicken won't accept my Bank of America password to reconnect. Suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @larabutler

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. I was able to take a further look into your account and noticed that there was an internal error. I would recommend contacting Quicken Support. An agent will be able to assist you further and escalate this issue as needed. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • larabutler
    larabutler Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I've talked with 2 Quicken Support people in Guatemala. I also spoke with Bank of America Technical Support. Both companies say it's the other company's problem and they can't help. Quicken says there is a financial server problem at Bank of America and Bank of America says they can't help because they don't support Direct Connect (One Step Update), only Web Connect. Either way, my Bank of America password worked perfectly before my last Quicken Support call and still works fine in my Bank of America website -- but nothing happens now when I put it into One Step Update the last 2 days. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
  • larabutler
    larabutler Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @larabutler said:
    > Thanks for your reply. I've talked with 2 Quicken Support people in Guatemala. I also spoke with Bank of America Technical Support. Both companies say it's the other company's problem and they can't help. Quicken says there is a financial server problem at Bank of America and Bank of America says they can't help because they don't support Direct Connect (One Step Update), only Web Connect. Either way, my Bank of America password worked perfectly before my last Quicken Support call and still works fine in my Bank of America website -- but nothing happens now when I put it into One Step Update the last 2 days. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Update: Jan 02, 2022: I continue to get Error 201-A on Bank of America update but I notice that NONE of my financial accounts will update because, since the last Quicken Update, all passwords are grayed out. For example, if I enter my password in the grayed-out box for Discover and hit Apply, the Quicken dialog says to enter the passwords for both Bank of America and Discover. If I do that, neither is accepted. If I put in a (grayed out) password for Quicken eTrade, nothing happens.
This discussion has been closed.