Hand-off

Options
Minding
Minding Member ✭✭
Hi. I have two Quicken files under my subscription on a Mac. One is personal and the second is for a small project. Because I am quitting the project, I need to give the project's Quicken file to the project manager. How do I remove my Quicken subscription information from this Quicken file and so they can use their own Windows Quicken subscription?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Minding, I can definitely help you with the steps for this.
    First, to convert the file to Windows please follow these steps

Important: The option to convert data from Quicken for Mac to Quicken for Windows is available, but completing this conversion with a file that contains investment accounts will result in investment data loss.  Always make a backup of your file prior to attempting a conversion and review your information in the converted file.

1. Open your data file in Quicken Mac 2015, 2016, 2017, or the Subscription Release.
    2. Choose File > Export > Quicken Windows Transfer File (QXF)....
    3. Save the .QXF file to media that will allow you to move it to your PC, such as a thumb drive or CD/DVD. You can also use Dropbox to move files. For more information, click here
    4. Move the media (thumb drive or CD/DVD) to your computer running Windows.
    5. Open Quicken for Windows.
    6. Choose File > New Quicken File.
    7. Select New Quicken File, click OK.
    8. Name your new data file and press OK.
    9. Choose File > Import and then select the .QXF file from your media.
    You can then send this file to the project manager or back it up to a flash drive, or cloud storage. To remove your subscription information from the follow please follow these steps; 
    1. Open Quicken Mac, Click the "Quicken" dropdown at the top left corner
    2. Select "Sign Out" and follow the prompts

I hope this helps! :smile:
    - Quicken Jade

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Minding, I can definitely help you with the steps for this.
    First, to convert the file to Windows please follow these steps

Important: The option to convert data from Quicken for Mac to Quicken for Windows is available, but completing this conversion with a file that contains investment accounts will result in investment data loss.  Always make a backup of your file prior to attempting a conversion and review your information in the converted file.

1. Open your data file in Quicken Mac 2015, 2016, 2017, or the Subscription Release.
    2. Choose File > Export > Quicken Windows Transfer File (QXF)....
    3. Save the .QXF file to media that will allow you to move it to your PC, such as a thumb drive or CD/DVD. You can also use Dropbox to move files. For more information, click here
    4. Move the media (thumb drive or CD/DVD) to your computer running Windows.
    5. Open Quicken for Windows.
    6. Choose File > New Quicken File.
    7. Select New Quicken File, click OK.
    8. Name your new data file and press OK.
    9. Choose File > Import and then select the .QXF file from your media.
    You can then send this file to the project manager or back it up to a flash drive, or cloud storage. To remove your subscription information from the follow please follow these steps; 
    1. Open Quicken Mac, Click the "Quicken" dropdown at the top left corner
    2. Select "Sign Out" and follow the prompts

I hope this helps! :smile:
    - Quicken Jade
  • Minding
    Minding Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks QJ.
This discussion has been closed.