How do I change the end balance when Re-reconciling

TangoAlphaZulu
TangoAlphaZulu Member
I need to re-reconcile my most recent statement on quicken. Seems I entered the wrong amount for the closing balance. However, the re-reconcile function will not let me change this number.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I need to re-reconcile my most recent statement on quicken. Seems I entered the wrong amount for the closing balance. However, the re-reconcile function will not let me change this number.
    @TangoAlphaZulu

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Thank you for drawing our attention to this problem here on the Quicken Community. What do you see when you are trying to click the Reconcile button? Do you click it and attempt to edit the amount, only for it to revert to what it had been, previously? Is the button greyed out? Are you receiving an error message?

I want to assist you further but I will need some additional information. I do look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• Hi Jared,
    Problem is solved. I was trying re-reconcile a statement via the reconcile history. When you choose a statement from the reconcile history, and click on re-reconcile, it brings up a window showing a summary of the reconciliation report. Right there next to the ending balance is a tiny little pencil icon. Hardly noticeable. Clicking that tiny little pencil icon lets me adjust the ending balance.
    It would help others like me if this was made more obvious.
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    Jeff
This discussion has been closed.