some qfx files import, some don't, quicken for mac starter v6.5.1

drgaryse
drgaryse Member ✭✭
Hello:

I'm downloaded and saved qfx files from my bank. Most of them update my account. Two monthly files don't update when I select them. They start to run the import and quickly stop with no transactions recorded. The files are of similar size to other files that have successfully imported. If I create a new account and try to import them there, this still fails. I contacted the bank and they said to ask Quicken.

Has anyone found a workaround?

Thanks!

Comments

  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    drgaryse said:
    Hello:

    I'm downloaded and saved qfx files from my bank. Most of them update my account. Two monthly files don't update when I select them. They start to run the import and quickly stop with no transactions recorded. The files are of similar size to other files that have successfully imported. If I create a new account and try to import them there, this still fails. I contacted the bank and they said to ask Quicken.

    Has anyone found a workaround?

    Thanks!
    Hello @drgaryse,

    I apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing with these download and importing issues. Thank you so much for reaching out to inform us about this matter here on the Quicken Community. Are both of these files associated with the same financial institution? Also, what Connection Type are you using to link the account or accounts associated with these files? You check this by selecting the account from the left-hand panel in the Quicken window and going to Accounts > Settings > Downloads in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. 

    I appreciate any future correspondence you may be able to provide, and I thank you for your patience.

    Best regards,

    Quicken Jared 
  • drgaryse
    drgaryse Member ✭✭
    Hello Jared:

    These two files are from the same financial institution. Other files downloaded from that financial institution can be imported. The type of connection is Web Connect. Thank you for your help in trying to solve this.

    Gary
  • drgaryse
    drgaryse Member ✭✭
    If this helps, the files are consecutive months in the same account and may be around the time the credit card number was changed because of suspected fraud (that was only a reporting mistake, not fraud).
  • drgaryse
    drgaryse Member ✭✭
    I forgot to ask, is there a way I can be notified by email when there is a response in this thread?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @drgaryse

    Thank you for your response and patience. It is greatly appreciated! There is an open alert regarding this issue that may be correlated with your issue as well. For information and updates please visit and bookmark the link below. 

    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905187/ongoing-01-18-22-qfx-web-connect-files-not-importing#latest

    In addition, if you would like to receive notifications via email please select this option through the Notifications Settings on the top right corner. A visual example is below. 

     

    Hope this helps. Please let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

    -Quicken Paloma
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    drgaryse said:
    I forgot to ask, is there a way I can be notified by email when there is a response in this thread?
    @drgaryse,  

    Thank you for continuing to correspond with me. I am sorry that the issue seems to be persisting. 

    I hope you won't mind if I ask one other question: what banking institution are we working with? Occasionally there is an arrow icon in the FI's website itself that enables imports in the upper right-hand corner of the browser window that will enable imports once clicked. Also, are there other connection methods available to you when you go to link an account and select an option from the bank list in Quicken? You can always change the Connection Type by selecting one of the affected accounts and going to Account > Settings > Downloads in the upper menu at the top of the screen, but be sure to save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup, first, before doing this. 

    As far as email notifications are concerned, you should be able to receive these by Bookmarking the thread. You can do this by clicking the rectangular 'ribbon' icon just to the lower-right of the thread's title.

    I hope that helps, and I will be happy to continue working with you on this issue as often as possible.

    Thanks,

    Quicken Jared
  • drgaryse
    drgaryse Member ✭✭
    Hi Jared,

    I hesitate to name my bank in a public forum, so maybe you can ask in another way. If it helps, I am able to sync my accounts automatically through Web Connect. I am also able to sign in to mobile banking, specify a date range or a monthly statement date range and have the bank output a QFX file that I can download. Web Connect does not fill in the gap in dates, so somehow that software may indicate that the full date range has been imported. My attempted workaround has been to download the missing date range and try to import this. I have tried this more than once to see if another copy of that file would Import. Somehow Quicken or some indication in the files may indicate the the missing date range has already been imported. If I create a new account I still cannot import the files that have the missing date range. That may tell you something. If this is not the full information you need maybe you can ask in such a way that I don't reveal the name of my bank.
  • drgaryse
    drgaryse Member ✭✭
    We have been given an update that the team is still working on a fix and there is no date that we know when it will be completed. It would be great to have a workaround, such as being able to download a comma delimited file and have Quicken convert it to QFX. Otherwise a person who has paid for your software is unable to fully use it to prepare their taxes!
  • Rnagell
    Rnagell Member
    I am having the same problem. I downloaded credit card transactions from my bank in QFX format. The bank allows only monthly transaction downloads, so I have 12 files, one for each month of the year. I tried to import these but only three of the files imported, the rest "appear" to import, in that a Quicken window flashes quickly stating "transactions imported" but they do not appear to be added to the account.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    drgaryse said:
    Hi Jared,

    I hesitate to name my bank in a public forum, so maybe you can ask in another way. If it helps, I am able to sync my accounts automatically through Web Connect. I am also able to sign in to mobile banking, specify a date range or a monthly statement date range and have the bank output a QFX file that I can download. Web Connect does not fill in the gap in dates, so somehow that software may indicate that the full date range has been imported. My attempted workaround has been to download the missing date range and try to import this. I have tried this more than once to see if another copy of that file would Import. Somehow Quicken or some indication in the files may indicate the the missing date range has already been imported. If I create a new account I still cannot import the files that have the missing date range. That may tell you something. If this is not the full information you need maybe you can ask in such a way that I don't reveal the name of my bank.
    @drgaryse,   

    I am sorry that the error seems to be continuing. I am thankful that you got in touch with the Quicken Community about this issue and kept us updated through this thread. I do appreciate the attention to detail and the additional information you are providing.

    @Rnagell,             

    I apologize that you seem to be affected by this error, as well. Thank you for reaching out to us about the matter.

    I do have one question: are you also making use of Web Connect? You can check your Connection Type by selecting one of the accounts experiencing these symptoms from the Account List in the left-hand panel of the Quicken window and then going to Accounts > Settings > Downloads in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is still open. 

    I do want to point out that there is currently an Open Alert regarding Web Connect and .QFX file downloads. You can follow the thread linked here for additional developments about this:

    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905187/ongoing-2-1-22-qfx-web-connect-files-not-importing#latest

    Feel free to reach out to the Quicken Community with any additional questions or concerns. 

    Thank you,

    Quicken Jared 
  • Dara Ree
    Dara Ree Member
    I am having the same issues as above comments. I have been trying for almost a week. For the year 2021 I was trying to download and import all 12 months. It only imported Jan 2022, Dec, Nov and Oct. When I open and try to import Sept-Jan it looks like it starts to open and then stops. Nothing imports from there. I have tried deleting the files and resaving and nothing. This is getting frustrating. I am running out of time needing this data. Is there any work arounds?
  • drgaryse
    drgaryse Member ✭✭
    Meanwhile, Quicken's mod, Anja, posts comments that they're still working on it and don't have an ETA for completion. Anja, I can't comment in your thread. Is your team also looking at workarounds?
  • drgaryse
    drgaryse Member ✭✭
    I just talked to my bank. The two files I can't import were created at about the time that I reported possible fraud on the account and the account number was changed. I was able to import later QFX files and/or Web Connect where the transaction dates all were outside the window of the account change. The bank will contact Quicken directly. But until then, since Quicken mods are tracking this thread, maybe others who are having this problem can say whether there was an account number change. For your privacy, please don't provide specifics. Knowing that a glitch occurs that way might help Quicken solve it.
  • drgaryse
    drgaryse Member ✭✭
    edited March 9
    Quicken engineers haven’t gotten to this yet to fix it and post in a thread where we can’t interact that they are “diligently” addressing the issue with no ETA. [Removed - Speculation/Soliciation]
  • drgaryse
    drgaryse Member ✭✭
    edited March 8
    With the installation of Quicken Starter for Mac Version 6.6.0 (Build 606.43140.100), the files import. The moderators may want to review whether the overall issue has been solved. On my Mac, I'm running OS 12.2.1, Monterey.
This discussion has been closed.