Quicken is closing down

DonA1991
DonA1991 Member
edited March 2022 in Investing (Windows)
When I click on Investments on my dashboard, Quicken is closing down. Any suggestions

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @DonA1991

Can you provide some additional information that will help us to help you?  Which versions of both Quicken and Windows are you running?  Does this "closing" of Quicken occur when you  take any other action? Is there an error code?  Did anything unusual happen immediately prior to this behavior?  Where is your Quicken datafile located - is in on One Drive or located in other than on one of your computer's physical drives?

Any additional information will be helpful.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• DonA1991
    DonA1991 Member
    Thanks for your response Frankx. I'm running Quicken Deluxe version 37.67 on Windows 10 Enterprise. The closing only occurs when I click on "Investing" on my tool bar. Nothing usual happens prior and no error message comes up. My Quicken datafile is located on my computer.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    HI again @DonA1991

Based on what you've told us, I believe that your datafile ,ay be corrupted.  Clearly, Quicken should never shut down when you try to view your investments, under any circumstances.

I would therefore suggest that you first backup your Quicken datafile, and then perform a "validation"  of your Quicken datafile.  Here's a LINK to steps on how to do those things.

Pleas let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    @Frankx, I'm wondering why you are just running R36.38 and haven't updated to newer version.  Are you concerned that newer versions are causing issues for a lot of folks.  I'm stuck on R37.62 till Schwab gets fixed.  THX

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

This discussion has been closed.