CC=501 error with PNC

no ability to connect an account with PNC. Previously wasnt updating. Tried to reset, but now no connection at all - and get CC-501 unable to connect.
I get the same message if i try to add a new account for PNC as well.

Ironically, other PNC account are still updating

I have sent requests for help each of the past 2 days (3 days now, including this request) with no answer.

i did perform the auto update the day that this began happening.
See image with error

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    no ability to connect an account with PNC. Previously wasnt updating. Tried to reset, but now no connection at all - and get CC-501 unable to connect.
    I get the same message if i try to add a new account for PNC as well.

Ironically, other PNC account are still updating

I have sent requests for help each of the past 2 days (3 days now, including this request) with no answer.

i did perform the auto update the day that this began happening.
    See image with error
    Hello @Patrick Dowling,            

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with updating your accounts. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community regarding this problem.

First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the top of the screen. Doing this frequently while using Quicken is recommended as it is key to preserving your data and can even be a resolution in its own right. 

Next, what connection method are you using to link your accounts? You can check this anytime by going to Tools > Account List > Edit > Online Services. It may be necessary to change the connection method by clicking Change connection method

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to working with you further on this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jared,
    I back up my accounts almost daily (bad experiences in the past).
    I use Express Web Connect for these connections
  • wcvose6
    wcvose6 Member
    edited February 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • Jared -
    I did try to "change connection method" as you noted above, but still recieved the CC-501 error.

Sooo
    I went back to add account, and selected PNC, but instead of using Web Connect, i used Direct Connect.
    Direct Connect took me through regular process (where i had to link to existing accounts), and after clicking connect, all my accounts are now connected.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Jared,
    I back up my accounts almost daily (bad experiences in the past).
    I use Express Web Connect for these connections
    @Patrick Dowling,   

Thank you for keeping in contact with me, and informing me further about the situation. I apologize that this connection error seems to be continuing. 

I was unsure about the results of the backup restoration. Were you able to connect once you restored from a backup? Also, are you able to connect via Direct Connect or another method? 

I intend to continue working with you on this, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• jared,
    As you can read in my most recent post (1:49pm), i did not restore from a backup.
    i did attempt (successfully) to connect via Direct Connect, rather than web connect, and was succesfull
This discussion has been closed.