Imported transactions not working
edited March 2022 in Registers & Transactions (Mac)
I'm trying to import transactions from several different accounts (Apple Card, Associated Bank) and Quicken acts as if it's importing them, and then nothing at all happens. I don't get an error message, but no new transactions show up in my account, and the account balances shown in Quicken bear no resemblance to reality at all. What's going on?
Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are experiencing this issue. There is currently an open alert regarding this issue.
For more information and updates as they become available please visit and bookmark the link below.
Hope this provides clarification.
Here's a (albeit time consuming) workaround:
- Create a new Quicken file (menu File > New) and choose start from scratch
- Name it something unique (e.g., Transfer File)
- (optional) move the file to your Desktop to easily find for deletion later (menu File > Move To)
- Create a new account for the troublesome bank. Name it something different than your existing file's account.
- Download the missing transactions from your bank's website in a QFX file. Import this QFX file into this new account in the new Quicken file.
- When you have all the transaction there, export to QXF (menu File > Export > Quicken Transfer File (QXF)
- Open your regular file (menu File > Open Recent)
- Import the QXF (menu File > Import > Quicken Windows File (QXF)
- Now, with the new account in the regular file, select all the transactions.
- Drag and drop all transactions to the existing account.
- Delete the now-empty new account.
- Delete the new file you created.
You may be able to simplify the above by deactivating the original account, let the QFX import into a new account and copy the transactions over to the old account all in the existing file. That has worked for some folks but not for others.
Always make a backup of your file before starting any process like this.
Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s1
macuserupnorth said:I'm trying to import transactions from several different accounts (Apple Card, Associated Bank) and Quicken acts as if it's importing them, and then nothing at all happens. I don't get an error message, but no new transactions show up in my account, and the account balances shown in Quicken bear no resemblance to reality at all. What's going on?As far as the account register balances are concerned ...
- Are your account registers sorted by Date and not filtered to exclude some transactions?
- When's the last time you reconciled your account registers, compared register transactions to your monthly bank statements and resolved any discrepancies?
- Is the register's Opening Balance transaction correct, i.e., its amount matches the bank statement on the transaction date? Is this Opening Balance transaction the oldest one by date? There must only be one Opening Balance transaction in each register.
- If any transactions download, do you review them for correct match with already existing register transactions? If there are apparent duplicates that didn't match automatically, did you drag the downloaded transaction of the existing register transaction to effect a manual match and remove the duplicate?
@Quicken Paloma - This is not helpful. Tax season is now, so waiting for Quicken to figure this out is not an option. Some of my accounts are now missing MONTHS of transactions and Quicken refuses to reimport them. I download the files from my bank and Quicken *says* that it's importing 67 transactions or whatever, and nothing happens. I don't have time for this.0
Came across another Community discussion earlier today which stated that Apple Card for some reason is now marked "Obsolete" and no longer supported, not even when downloading QFX files.
This discussion has been closed.