Out of Memory Errors When Downloading Transactions

I have been downloading transactions to Quicken for years. I just recently started having issues with Quicken hanging when downloading transactions from the web. It will hang and ultimately error out with the "Out of Memory" error and the only way I can proceed is to close Quicken using the Task Manager. The other strange thing is it actually downloads the transactions from only 1 of the 3 financial institutions. Any help

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    You need to fix this because killing with Task Manager can damage your data.
    What operating system & version?
    How much real memory (RAM) is in your PC?
    How much virtual memory (what's the size of your paging file)?
    What does Quicken show when you click the Help menu then hold the Ctrl key while clicking About Quicken ?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Just recently upgraded to Windows 11 (could be issue) with 8GB RAM. The virtual memory is set to 9728 MB. Image shows the Quicken About page.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Memory seems fine, but I wonder what Win11 is doing. I don't have it to test.
    The only thing that jumps out from your screen capture is 68 accounts. That's a lot. How many of them are you trying to download during One Step Update?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Only trying to do a few. Most of them are no longer used and inactive. I have reduced it to 1 account and it still hangs.
  • Interesting. I reset the other accounts and now everything appears to be working. Not sure if this is coincidence or something to do with Windows 11, but it might be a good idea to reset connections after upgrading to Windows 11.
This discussion has been closed.