Duplicate group of transactions reverses the order

Mike10
Mike10 Member ✭✭
When I duplicate a group of transactions on the same day, the resulting new transactions are in the reverse order for that single day. Does anyone notice that? I couldn't find any other references. I'm not sure if this is a bug or how to report it. I have a group of transactions I want in the same order, so I have to drag/drop them around every time.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2022
    I never noticed but I tested and can confirm. That said, I don't know that you could call it a bug since there's not necessarily a spec or expectation of the resulting order. Also, this only applies to a group of transactions on the same day. I'm not sure how many people would actually encounter that. I know that I've never had occasion to duplicate groups of transactions on the same date.

In any case, if you want to report it, click menu Help > Report a Problem.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Mike10
    Mike10 Member ✭✭
    Thanks. My example is a collection of charges and taxes in a stock option account on the same day when exercising options, where you can't split a single transaction like in a checking account. So I have many transactions on the same day, for each option I exercise. It isn't tragic, just happened to notice it. I put them back in the same order to make data entry easier.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Are they (or could they be) Payment/Deposit type transactions in the brokerage account? If so, they can be entered as split transactions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Mike10
    Mike10 Member ✭✭
    I never noticed that, thanks. Some are of that form, so I consolidated those. Not all of them, but helps. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.