reconcile no longer asking for statement info

Suzanne H.
Suzanne H. Member ✭✭
Hello, for the past several months, I can no longer reconcile my credit card account. Quicken no longer asks for data from my statement so the beginning balance is always off. How do I correct this?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Suzanne H.

It sounds like you have somehow switched from "reconciling to a paper statement" to "reconciling to an online balance".  To switch back - Open the account register in Quicken > Click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right > Click on "Edit Account Details" > Click in the "Online Services" tab > at the very bottom of the next window - remove the checkmark next to "Reconcile using online balance."

Get back to me if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Suzanne H.

It sounds like you have somehow switched from "reconciling to a paper statement" to "reconciling to an online balance".  To switch back - Open the account register in Quicken > Click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right > Click on "Edit Account Details" > Click in the "Online Services" tab > at the very bottom of the next window - remove the checkmark next to "Reconcile using online balance."

Get back to me if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Suzanne H.
    Suzanne H. Member ✭✭
    Hi @Frankx. this resolved my issue. not sure how it was changed, maybe from last update. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.