Frequent and recurring OL-297-A and OL-362-A errors

algee99
algee99 Member ✭✭
For a month or two, I've been getting intermittent but frequent errors downloading transactions from investment accounts but my bank and credit card accounts are working fine.

Frequently get an OL-297-A error and sometimes it goes away if I retry the transaction download. Sometimes it goes away if I wait a day or so.

Today, I received an OL-362-A error on multiple investment accounts saying that the brokerage returned information for an account not in Quicken. Deactivated and reactivated the online transaction download for the accounts. Quicken saw the accounts from the brokerages and I linked them to my quicken investment accounts.

Later (10 minutes), tried updating the accounts again. Got an OL-297-A error saying Quicken could not connect to the accounts. Tried again and Quicken connected and downloaded information for some accounts without any error while the others returned OL-297-A errors and some returned OL-362-A errors, even though the accounts were deactivated and reactivated for transaction download.

I've followed the support instructions on making sure that the correct privacy settings for internet are checked and that the proper TLS settings are checked as well.

Quicken version R38.30, build 27.1.38.30

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    algee99 said:
    For a month or two, I've been getting intermittent but frequent errors downloading transactions from investment accounts but my bank and credit card accounts are working fine.

Frequently get an OL-297-A error and sometimes it goes away if I retry the transaction download. Sometimes it goes away if I wait a day or so.

Today, I received an OL-362-A error on multiple investment accounts saying that the brokerage returned information for an account not in Quicken. Deactivated and reactivated the online transaction download for the accounts. Quicken saw the accounts from the brokerages and I linked them to my quicken investment accounts.

Later (10 minutes), tried updating the accounts again. Got an OL-297-A error saying Quicken could not connect to the accounts. Tried again and Quicken connected and downloaded information for some accounts without any error while the others returned OL-297-A errors and some returned OL-362-A errors, even though the accounts were deactivated and reactivated for transaction download.

I've followed the support instructions on making sure that the correct privacy settings for internet are checked and that the proper TLS settings are checked as well.

Quicken version R38.30, build 27.1.38.30
    Hello @algee99

I am sorry that you are being affected by these error messages in this way. Thank you for taking the chance to draw our attention to this problem here on the Quicken Community.

Have you tried adjusting your date and time settings? If not, you can do this by following the steps below:

Check your system date and time settings

1. Right-click the clock on the task bar at the bottom right corner of your screen and select Adjust date/time.
    2. In the Date & Time section, check to see if the time is correct.  If it is not, fix it. 
      • To fix it, turn Set time automatically off then click Change and make the necessary adjustment. 
    3. Sometimes the time zone may be incorrect. In the Time Zone section, make sure it is set to the correct time zone.
    4. If you made any changes to the time or time zone, open Quicken and attempt your online request again.

Restart your computer

1. Save your work and close all open applications.
    2. From the Start menu, choose Restart.
    3. Select Restart and click OK.
    4. Once you're back up and running, try your Quicken online request again.

You can also reconfigure your firewall-

• Verify that the Quicken program (qw.exe) has full and unrestricted access to the Internet. For more information, take a look at Configuring Firewalls
    I look forward to hearing your responses, should you have the time to stop by the Quicken Community once more and follow up with us.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • algee99
    algee99 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your response. My time and timezone are set automatically by the OS. I double-checked and they are correct for my location.

Although it is a good suggestion, since it fixes many problems, restarting the computer is not going to help, since the computer has been shut down and rebooted many times since this problem started happening and the problem has not been resolved.

I don't think it is a firewall issue, because qw.exe has access to the internet. Sometimes investment accounts update without issues, but most of the time they fail. Credit card company and banks update with no errors, so I conclude that quicken has access to the internet.

Just for grins, I specifically granted qw.exe full outbound access via the windows firewall. Unfortunately, it didn't help.

The results: A couple of accounts that failed yesterday updated today. Others that didn't fail yesterday failed today. Others continue to fail.
  • algee99
    algee99 Member ✭✭
    Update: Things are better today, everything updated with no errors. Not sure why, though.
This discussion has been closed.