Changing the Backup Location

When running a manual backup, you are offered a chance to change the location for the backup. Example would be to make a copy on a USB stick to put in another location. While it lets me select another location, and tells be the backup completed successfully, it actually backed up to the original location and ignored the change request. Has anyone else experienced this?
Windows 10 Ver 21H1 OS Build 19043.1645
Quicken Deluxe Ver R39.23 Build 27.1.39.23
Tagged:

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    I just tried this and it worked as expected for me. I changed the manual backup to a folder on my D drive (an external USB SSD) and that's where it went.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• icoder
    icoder Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I know this is supposed work and it has for me in the past as well. Since upgrading to Quicken Deluxe, it no longer really honors the change although it tells you that it does. Perhaps others that have experienced this will chime in with a fix. Support has already uninstalled and reinstalled the software and that didn't make a difference. Baffling.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    icoder said:
    Thanks, I know this is supposed work and it has for me in the past as well. Since upgrading to Quicken Deluxe, it no longer really honors the change although it tells you that it does. Perhaps others that have experienced this will chime in with a fix. Support has already uninstalled and reinstalled the software and that didn't make a difference. Baffling.
    Hi @jcoder,

Anytime, you are changing the edition of Quicken or upgrading from say Quicken 2016 to 2017, you should do a clean install. You found the one of the reasons for the clean install.

It may say that it successfully backed up, but it doesn't. You need to Browse to the same location, even though it is showing the correct location.

See this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

By installing cleanly, you will need to set up Quicken to your liking again.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• icoder
    icoder Member ✭✭
    You did see in my post that support has already uninstalled and reinstalled the software, correct. So that did not correct the problem. I am browsing to the USB stick location on the backup dialog box.
This discussion has been closed.