Quicken SLOW after updating to Newest version R40.13

denmarfl
denmarfl Member ✭✭✭
Since Quicken updated to newest version R40.13 Quicken has been slow when chnaging from one Register to another.  

I have installed latest patch...that did not correct the issue.  

I have completely uninstalled and re-installed Quicken, that also did not correct the issue.

Each Valendar year I make an End of year data file so my data file I am using for 2022 is not large.

The slowness of chnaging from 1 register to the other just started after R40.13 installed.  

I have created a Dummy Account....and that install also is slow to chnage between Registers...seems everything points to the R40.13 Version as causing this issue

Answers

  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    denmarfl said:
    Since Quicken updated to newest version R40.13 Quicken has been slow when chnaging from one Register to another.  

    I have installed latest patch...that did not correct the issue.  

    I have completely uninstalled and re-installed Quicken, that also did not correct the issue.

    Each Valendar year I make an End of year data file so my data file I am using for 2022 is not large.

    The slowness of chnaging from 1 register to the other just started after R40.13 installed.  

    I have created a Dummy Account....and that install also is slow to chnage between Registers...seems everything points to the R40.13 Version as causing this issue
    Hello @demarfl

    I am sorry to hear about these performance issues. Thank you for taking the time to discuss this with us here on the Quicken Community. 

    Have you tried restoring from a recent backup, preferably saved just before the most recent software update? We recommend saving backups often by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done regularly, you should be able to restore from an available backup by going into the same menu just mentioned and selecting Restore a Backup File... I am curious about whether or not this behavior continues in the restored data file. 

    I look forward to your response. 

    Thank you,

    Quicken Jared 
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry; should have memtioned; yes, I did try to use a backup that had been saved right a day before R40.13 was Installed.  Same issue, slow to change between Registers.  
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    edited April 21
    denmarfl said:
    Sorry; should have memtioned; yes, I did try to use a backup that had been saved right a day before R40.13 was Installed.  Same issue, slow to change between Registers.  
    @denmarfl,

    Understood, thank you for getting back to me about this problem and explaining the situation further. I am sorry that this unusual behavior is continuing. 

    Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Also, try saving a backup once again then validating the data file by going through the steps listed below, in order:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing from you again, and I hope this is helpful. 

    Thank you,

    Quicken Jared
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭
    Followed steps....might be changing Registers a little better...but another issue I began to experience after updating to R40.13...following OSU ...it hangs...I see Register in background just blinking...and I must use Task manager to close Quicken.

    Sure I know it is easy to feel issue is with my install, or, data File.  But these issues started right after R40.13 was Installed.

    And now I have done, 
    1.  Installing latest Patch
    2. Completely uninstalling and re-installing Quicken
    3. Validating Data File which showed all was Fine
    4. Trying a backup Data File

    This is real distubing for me...a 30+ year purchaser of Quicken......

  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    edited April 21
    denmarfl said:
    Followed steps....might be changing Registers a little better...but another issue I began to experience after updating to R40.13...following OSU ...it hangs...I see Register in background just blinking...and I must use Task manager to close Quicken.

    Sure I know it is easy to feel issue is with my install, or, data File.  But these issues started right after R40.13 was Installed.

    And now I have done, 
    1.  Installing latest Patch
    2. Completely uninstalling and re-installing Quicken
    3. Validating Data File which showed all was Fine
    4. Trying a backup Data File

    This is real distubing for me...a 30+ year purchaser of Quicken......

    @denmarfl

    I understand that this problem is frustrating and I thank you for keeping in contact and providing updates about this situation. 

    Have you Supervalidated the data file, as well? I recommend saving another backup before attempting this step, then proceeding with the following instructions, in order:

    1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

    I do have another option in the event that the behavior still persists after attempting a supervalidation, but I want to make sure that this step has been attempted before I offer any further recommendations. 

    I hope to continue working with you on this, if necessary. 

    Thank you,

    Quicken Jared 
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @denmarfl R40.13 is a troubled release. I suggest rolling back to the more stable R39.23.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭
    How would I get R39.23?   So you are aware of documented issues with R40.13....and you yourself, if updated to R40.13...have experienced similar issues as I have reported here????
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I installed R40.13 on my test PC and encountered problems different from your slowness. My 2-line investment registers are messed up and I see a lot of window flashing during One Step Update. I would venture to say that all long-time users have some amount of data corruption, which manifests in different ways for different folks. My production PC will remain on R39.23 until R40 improves.
    Get R39.23 Mondo patch here.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭
    My Quicken Registers Flash\Blink during OSU...but I did not associate this with the R40.13...I accepted that as normal.   I just feel Quicken has let us long term users down.   I did Validate and than Super validate...but neither fixed the issue.  I am really disturbed when following OSU the OSU screen hangs and I must use Task Manager to shutdown Quicken.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken Chat has now acknowledged enough complaints have been received that these issues fom R40.13 have been reported to Quicken programming staff to be further investigated.  I am still running R40.13....hoping FIXES will be forthcoming ASAP.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 28
    Even though I have heard it from Quicken Chat Support the issues I have written herein are known following the release\Install of R40.13...I would 'Love" to see a Cooment entered here in this Post from a Quicken Moderator [Removed - Alumni]..confirming the issues are know following R40.13 and Quicken is working on a Fix.  It is really annoying experiencing OSU Hanging...seems a long time...while the background...Quicken register is FLASHING....  Further, changing between Registers can at times be REAL slow.  Its now been 7 days since I installed R40.13...and I sincerely hope the Fix is on the way....real soon.   
  • mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭
    I've the same issue, BTW. It's very slow switching registers between different credit card accounts (for example). Even entering transactions is slow. (ie, you click the green "save/enter" thingy and it takes a few seconds to register).
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭
    Today...new version offered...R40.21...I installed it.  This update did stop all the Register Flashing as OSU was running...good start.  I still experience slow chnaging between Registers and OSU still seems to HANG following OSU completion.  I did also get this VERY strange POPup..that read...A CRITICAL UPDATE was required to be Installed BEFORE 2/27/22...thats 2 mos ago.  It read go to HELP\CHECK FOR UPDATES to get it installed.  Of course when I did that it showed I had the Latest Version installed.  Somehow the R40.21 was programmed with this CRITICAL UPDATE POPUP window...for something that needed to be done over 60 days ago.  

    I still hope Q is working on the issues that began with release of R40.13...1) slow chnaging from one register to another 2) OSU Hangs too long after all update activity is completed......