To return to the dashboard from another screen, the shortcut suggests Alt+Home. This does not work.

Options
edh209
edh209 Member ✭✭
Using the most up to date windows version of Quicken Deluxe.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    edh209 said:
    Using the most up to date windows version of Quicken Deluxe.
    Hello @edh209

I am sorry to hear about this issue with shortcuts failing to work as expected. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this.

Have you tried uninstalling the software and then reinstalling it? For reference, be sure to use the steps listed in the Support Article listed here regarding the process of uninstallation. You can then remove the Quicken files from the Program Files (x86) folder.  You may then consult this Support Article for reinstalling the Quicken software.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which "other screen" are you on when you press ALT plus the "Home" key?
    What are the results when you do so?
    Are you running Windows and Quicken under a VM environment on a Mac?
    I have briefly tested the ALT+Home keystroke combination on my Windows laptop and it functions every time. I return to the Home tab and one of the Classic views is shown. It doesn't explicitly show Home / Dashboard. It returns to the last displayed Home tab view, as it always has done.
    If you want a one-click function instead of a keystroke combination, you could add this icon to the Quicken Toolbar: "Home » Dashboard"
  • edh209
    edh209 Member ✭✭
    Options
    At the risk of sounding stupid, I assumed the keystroke is ALT +H (For Home).
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    edh209 said:
    At the risk of sounding stupid, I assumed the keystroke is ALT +H (For Home).
    Alt+H = Help Menu.
    Alt plus the underlined letter(s) in the Menu Bar's words take you to the menu.
    If you go deeper down the menu structure, other designated letters will take you to that submenu, e.g., if Alt+F takes you to the File Menu, typing S takes you to Printer Setup
    To recognize available keyboard shortcuts in menus, set a Windows option to underline shortcut and access keys: In Windows Control Panel / Ease of Access Center select "Make the keyboard easier to use", put a checkmark in "Underline shortcut and access keys". Click Apply, then OK.
This discussion has been closed.