Income Yield based on basis?

Options
leishirsute
leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Is there any report or quick way to calculate the annual income yield based on basis for an investment?

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

Best Answer

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Probably not in the way you want it.

In a Portfolio View (Ctrl-U), you can add an Income % column where the % is based on the current cost basis.  To get an Annual number, you need to limit the period to the last year -- Options, Portfolio Preferences, Show return from ___ fill in the date for 12 months ago. 

The income for that period is inclusive of dividends received in that period, including dividends you received from shares you subsequently sold.  

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Probably not in the way you want it.

In a Portfolio View (Ctrl-U), you can add an Income % column where the % is based on the current cost basis.  To get an Annual number, you need to limit the period to the last year -- Options, Portfolio Preferences, Show return from ___ fill in the date for 12 months ago. 

The income for that period is inclusive of dividends received in that period, including dividends you received from shares you subsequently sold.  
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    That's a neat way that I didn't realize was available.  Thank you.  It gives me pretty much what I wanted.

I gave it a try.  Just an FYI.  It looks like if an asset is Sold in the period selected.  It's income is not included. Its cost basis is 0, so the income calculations are left zero.  Just change the As Of date to include a day when the cost basis wasn't 0 for the sold asset.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

This discussion has been closed.