Bills and Income Next Instance (Q Mac)

Kerry Perrine
Kerry Perrine Member
When you enter the next instance, be it 7, 14, 30, 90 days, 6 months or 1 year the amount will not update the amount unless you click the whirling arrow. It use to update automatically when you change the next instance. It did this with the latest update to quicken.

NOTE *** Also I would like to see added new instances 2, 3, 4, 5 years as well to project out even further.

Thank you.

Kerry . . .

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you enter the next instance, be it 7, 14, 30, 90 days, 6 months or 1 year the amount will not update the amount unless you click the whirling arrow. It use to update automatically when you change the next instance. It did this with the latest update to quicken.

What kind of reminder transaction are you talking about? An Online Bill Pay transaction? Transfer reminder to pay your credit card? Any other type of variable amount of bill?
    More details, please.
  • ON the top of the screen it talks about HOME, REPORTS, BUDGET, BILLS & INCOME, CALENDARS AND ALERTS.

You can select any one of those.

I chose BILLS & INCOME. Then you will see the next instance, be it 7, 14, 30, 90 days, 6 months or 1 year. The amount will not update the amount unless you click the whirling arrow first.
  • Its under PROJECTED BALANCES
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Following the description provided, I tried to reproduce this "The amount will not update the amount...".

In Bills & Income > Projected Balance, with Next 90 Days selected for one account (my main checking account) and Any Type of transaction:

I increased the amount of an upcoming transaction (a payment to a credit card account) scheduled for 13 days in the future.

The graph of the projected balance immediately updated to reflect the deduction to the balance on that date.

In conclusion: I see no problem with this feature.

=====

Perhaps more detail could be provided of exactly what is being done to produce the issue.

Or, maybe trying the simple example I gave above will demonstrate that the feature works as expected and then experimenting to discover what additional conditions are required to cause the issue.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
This discussion has been closed.