Downloading Schwab Transactions (Windows)

Options
I worked with Customer Support in May to fix problems with Schwab transaction downloads and was able to get my April transactions. May went fine and now with June problems have reappeared where I received a few transactions for first few days and last few days only in the month.

Has anyone had a similar problem? It appears this issue was closed, but is reoccurring.

Thanks for any information from other Windows users.

Comments

• AlanSti
    AlanSti Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. Also, comparing bank to Quicken it seems that Quicken did not list the same security as shown on the Schwab website. This has been going on for some time
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I worked with Customer Support in May to fix problems with Schwab transaction downloads and was able to get my April transactions. May went fine and now with June problems have reappeared where I received a few transactions for first few days and last few days only in the month.

Has anyone had a similar problem? It appears this issue was closed, but is reoccurring.

Thanks for any information from other Windows users.
    Hello @Ron-Pam Hallenbeck,     

I am sorry to hear about this problem with missing transactions after attempts to download. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Are you making use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), new firewall settings, antivirus software, or pop-up blockers? If so, it may be necessary to turn these off or remove them in order to troubleshoot this issue, as these items can cause connectivity issues that prevent transactions from downloading properly.

I look forward to hearing your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Ron-Pam Hallenbeck
    Options
    Yes, I use them.
  • Ron-Pam Hallenbeck
    Options
    Just tried to pull July 2022 transactions from two of my Schwab accounts and received data from July 1st through July 7th and received transaction data. The majority of the June 2022 transactions have yet to be received into Quicken.

I then tried 2 other Schwab accounts and nothing came down for July, but did receive all of the June transactions.

Let's get this fixed!
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Just tried to pull July 2022 transactions from two of my Schwab accounts and received data from July 1st through July 7th and received transaction data. The majority of the June 2022 transactions have yet to be received into Quicken.

I then tried 2 other Schwab accounts and nothing came down for July, but did receive all of the June transactions.

Let's get this fixed!

Thanks for reaching out again to provide further updates.

One other question occurs to me: are you downloading transactions via QFX files, or via One Step Updates? 

Also, what connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to your response. 

Thanks again,  

Quicken Jared 
  • Ron-Pam Hallenbeck
    Options
    Express Web Connect +
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Express Web Connect +

I am sorry that this issue is still ongoing. Thanks for getting back to me with the connection method currently in use.

I recommend saving a backup and then taking a look at the Support Article linked here. I want to be sure that all of the relevant steps in this article have been attempted before we proceed further.

I hope this is helpful, and I am eager to hear about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• Ron-Pam Hallenbeck
    Options
    Jared, I am having problems with my Charles Schwab brokerage investment accounts, not a checking account. I went to the Support Article and that references only banking checking accounts. Any other suggestions?
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Jared, I am having problems with my Charles Schwab brokerage investment accounts, not a checking account. I went to the Support Article and that references only banking checking accounts. Any other suggestions?

Thank you for reaching back out to me about this. I am sorry to hear about this issue continuing. 

At this stage, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support using the information provided in this link. There are unique resources available to the support team that will enable them to investigate and troubleshoot this issue further.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @""Ron-Pam Hallenbeck"

Have you signed into https://www.schwab.com/client-home? Have you looked for Security and scrolled down for third party access? Once you have made changes, click on Save.

In Quicken, you look for Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. - This is for your Investment Accounts.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Ron-Pam Hallenbeck
    Options
    I went into the investment accounts and they are all setup properly. I still get a few transactions downloaded from investment account to Quicken, but the vast majority do not download.
  • Chris Schwark
    Chris Schwark Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I was unaware of this issue, but this morning I too had zero transactions download into my Schwab brokerage account.  I didn't get an error, it just didn't download. I  had a mutual fund sale yesterday and they ALWAYS download the next morning, yet today, nothing.  What is this issue ?  With ZERO change to my Schwab account OR quicken account (other than a Quicken update earlier this week), I've never had this issue.  No error codes either, so I'm a bit perplexed.  I hope it magically fixes itself tomorrow, but if Quicken can't download my transactions, then it's 20 years of value to me ceases to be there.

Interestingly enough, trades I made yesterday during the day downloaded at the end of the day (6pm) fine.
This discussion has been closed.