Wells Fargo Update Not Downloading since July 3, 2022

Options
ramsfancr
ramsfancr Member ✭✭
I have been using Quicken for years. On July 2, I added a Business account and business credit card. I don't know if that was the cause, or it is a coincidence, but now my transactions are not downloading when I update. I have reset, and have done all of those types of fixes, but nothing seems to work. I also have disconnected the business accounts and tried to update and still nothing. My other accounts seem to be fine, but Wells Fargo is not working.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @ramsfancr - if you look on the "Online Services" tab of Account Details for your Wells Fargo accounts, what type of connection does it show?
  • ramsfancr
    ramsfancr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Express Web Connect
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @ramsfancr - If you change the connection for all your Wells Fargo accounts to Direct Connect, that should solve your connection issues.

• For each account with the financial institution "Wells Fargo" (other than Wells Fargo Advisors) go to the "Online Services" tab and deactivate online services.  
    • Then go to the "General" tab and blank out the Financial Institution, Account Number, and any other online information.
    • Then go back to the Online Services tab of any of the accounts you deactivated and click on "Set up Now" to reactivate online services.
    • Search on "Wells Fargo Bank", and click on "Advanced Options" on the right side of the screen.
    • On the next screen, choose "Direct Connect", and hit "Next".
    • Go through the set-up screens and sign on with your username and password. 
    • When you are presented with a list of accounts, make sure to "link to existing" accounts on Quicken.  Also be sure to verify that each account is linking to the correct account on Quicken.
    • Finish up the setup process.
    During the setup there might be a screen that gives you directions for verifying your identity (FMSSETUP).  Just follow the instructions, then resume the setup.  You usually are given 10 minutes or so to finish up.

You also might encounter screens that will say that some financial institutions charge for Direct Connect.  Just ignore those.  Wells Fargo does not charge for Direct Connect.
  • ramsfancr
    ramsfancr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also just looked at the balances and they are way off going back at least a month. They were fine until a week ago. My online balance in Quicken matches Wells Fargo, but my balances in Quicken are way off. It looks like all my balances changed going back to at least April. I check this daily, so they have always been right on with online balances.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @ramsfancr - I would update your Wells Fargo accounts to Direct Connect first to "stop the bleeding" and then go back and reconcile the accounts.  Not sure what happened but you might need to compare transaction history from your Wells Fargo online account to your Wells Fargo account registers in Quicken to reconcile.
  • ramsfancr
    ramsfancr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried this and it gave me a id/password error. When I log in directly to Wellsfargo using the ID an Password, I then have to do a CAPCHA with three letters. Could this be the problem? If so, is there a work around?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @ramsfancr - the CAPCHA is just to verify your identity and usually happens when you try accessing the account with incorrect credentials.  Since you are unable to log onto your Wells Fargo online account and though Quicken it is most likely that your user ID and/or password are incorrect.  
  • ramsfancr
    ramsfancr Member ✭✭
    Options
    No, I can log in fine to the Wells Fargo account, but not from Quicken. I used the same id/password for both and I get a CAPCHA when I log in directly. Tried it once more and did not have a CAPCHA when I login directly, but still does not work with Direct Connect. Same error notification.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @ramsfancr - how many accounts do you have with Wells Fargo?  What type of accounts are they?
  • ramsfancr
    ramsfancr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have two personal and two business. I just did it manually with a QFX file. I need to not spend all day on this. I have no idea what went on, but right now it is correct. Tomorrow I will try to do a download again.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    Options
    If and when you are able to establish Direct Connect with your accounts at Wells Fargo that would be the best thing in the long run.  If you run into further issues with logging into your WF accounts with Quicken, I would suggest calling their online services number.
This discussion has been closed.