USAA issues

Jack Biddle
Jack Biddle Quicken Windows Subscription Member, Windows Beta Beta
Is USAA down?

Secondly, Quicken doesnt match USAA transactions. For example a credit card payment from a USAA checking account. Identical amounts. It randomly assigns the transfer to different USAA accounts. Makes no sense. It matchs Wells Fargo, B of A, Merrill, etc.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Quicken Mac Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Is USAA down?

Secondly, Quicken doesnt match USAA transactions. For example a credit card payment from a USAA checking account. Identical amounts. It randomly assigns the transfer to different USAA accounts. Makes no sense. It matchs Wells Fargo, B of A, Merrill, etc.
    Hello @Jack Biddle

I am sorry to hear about these problems with online banking services. Thank you for asking about these here on the Quicken Community. 

First, are you noticing any error messages when trying to connect or update your accounts? Secondly, I want to clarify: are transactions being sent to the wrong accounts in the Account List after being downloaded? If so, be sure to navigate to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then click the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Make sure you are viewing the General tab in the window that appears and confirm that all account numbers correspond with the correct account names in Quicken. 

I look forward to hearing your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • SheilaJ
    SheilaJ Quicken Windows Subscription Member
    I'm having a similar problem. For several months now, all my transfers seem to be randomly assigned to different accounts. Other transactions appear in the correct accounts, so it does not seem to be a problem with the account details.
  • SheilaJ
    ^^ with my USAA accounts
  • Quicken Jared
    SheilaJ said:
    I'm having a similar problem. For several months now, all my transfers seem to be randomly assigned to different accounts. Other transactions appear in the correct accounts, so it does not seem to be a problem with the account details.
    Hello @SheilaJ,

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this issue with online banking services and transactions being downloaded into the incorrect account. Thanks for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community. 

First, what is the connection method you are using to link or add your accounts to online banking services? What connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I hope to hear back from you soon, if you have the chance to check back in with us again. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jack Biddle
    Jack Biddle Quicken Windows Subscription Member, Windows Beta Beta
    That doesn't work. The accounts are properly set up.

I have 5 checking accounts at USAA. I also have 8 credit cards. Personal accounts and kids accounts and a trust. Each of the 5 people have their own USAA credentials. Within each account, transactions are correctly downloaded in terms of amount and payee. Here is the 'but'. So say kid two makes a payment of $100 to his USAA credit card. Checking is debited. Credit card is credited. same day same amount. But it doesn't auto match. Instead checking may show it's a transfer to kid 3's credit card from checking, and then credits that account, where there was no payment. Wells downloads where there are two checking and two credit cards, and recognizes match and offers to confirm. On the USAA downloads, same day same amount withing a single set of USAA credentials doesn't see the match. So for a payment from a kid A's checking to his credit card, the checking side shows USAA payment and shows it as a transfer to another kids credit card (where there was no transaction) and then the credit card side shows a payment to Kid A's credit card. Checking auto fills a transfer to the wrong card. The correct card shows a payment, but not that its a match to the source checking (which has autofilled a transfer to the wrong card (which may be why it doesn't presume and offer to 'match' them
  • SheilaJ
    Yes - that sounds exactly like what happens with my accounts. Sometimes the transfers even show up as transfers back to the same account. And it used to work within recent memory. My connection method is Direct Connect for all USAA accounts.
  • Quicken Jared
    SheilaJ said:
    Yes - that sounds exactly like what happens with my accounts. Sometimes the transfers even show up as transfers back to the same account. And it used to work within recent memory. My connection method is Direct Connect for all USAA accounts.
    Hello @SheilaJ,   

Thank you for getting back to me with the answers regarding the connection method currently in use. I do apologize that these problems remain ongoing.

Save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

Try adding your USAA accounts in the test file by navigating to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. I am curious to hear if you notice this behavior with transactions being downloaded into the incorrect accounts in the test file.

I hope to hear back from you soon in regards to this matter, if you have the chance to drop by the Quicken Community once again in the near future.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

This discussion has been closed.