Downloaded Transactions used to match automatically; now they don't

robtoaz
robtoaz Member ✭✭
I have many manual bills that used to be automatically matched to downloaded transactions so that I could easily reconcile my expenses. As long as I edited the scheduled bill so that the date and amount matched the downloaded transaction, then after I entered the scheduled bill the transaction would automatically match to the scheduled bill.

Now, after I upgraded to the latest version of Quicken, none of my downloaded transactions match automatically, and I have to do a manual match.

Is there an option I am missing to allow automatic matching? It is very inconvenient and tedious to manually match every downloaded transaction.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that's a bug recently added to Quicken with the R 42.8 update.
    Until they can fix it, the workaround is to switch to a different register or view, then switch back. The entry in the Downloaded Transactions tab should then show the expected (updated) Match.
    Personally, I have always recorded scheduled reminders with the correct amount and date BEFORE I have downloaded transactions from the bank. That would trigger a Match as expected.
  • andyf123
    andyf123 Member ✭✭
    I confirm the same bug introduced in R 42.8. Automatic matching is BROKEN! Especially when a I enter a transaction manually after the download. It used to match automatically perfectly.
  • nevetsgne
    nevetsgne Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > I believe that's a bug recently added to Quicken with the R 42.8 update.Until they can fix it, the workaround is to switch to a different register or view, then switch back. The entry in the Downloaded Transactions tab should then show the expected (updated) Match.Personally, I have always recorded scheduled reminders with the correct amount and date BEFORE I have downloaded transactions from the bank. That would trigger a Match as expected.

You don't even need to click on another account to view, just click the same one you are working on. I always do this even now so the "Downloaded Transactions (xx)" would update and clear the "Accepted" in the status column.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    nevetsgne said:
    You don't even need to click on another account to view, just click the same one you are working on. I always do this even now so the "Downloaded Transactions (xx)" would update and clear the "Accepted" in the status column.
    Thanks for the advice. I just don't have enough downloaded transactions to test all possible iterations. If somebody else asks, I'll be sure to pass on your tip.

• karen m
    karen m Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting, having this same issue. I don't see it on the list of known issues. Does anyone know how to get it posted there so Quicken is aware of the issue? Also fwiw, I tried what @nevetsgne said and that didn't work for me but what @UKR said did.
  • cuinoz
    cuinoz Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue since the latest download.
This discussion has been closed.