Non working one step update

Options
cboot
cboot Member ✭✭
Since updating to the latest version, Quicken does not pull or show updates when doing one step update. Update summary says it did check all banks and credit cards but I know I have transactions to download but only discover downloaded...nothing else

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cboot said:
    Since updating to the latest version, Quicken does not pull or show updates when doing one step update. Update summary says it did check all banks and credit cards but I know I have transactions to download but only discover downloaded...nothing else
    Hello @cboot,  

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, am I correct in understanding that the accounts affected are associated with multiple financial institutions? Also, let us know if you are noticing any error messages of any kind.

Before we proceed with further troubleshooting instructions, be sure to make sure your filters have been cleared by clicking on the green Reset button at the top of the register in the affected accounts and then confirm that the sorting order is not a factor by clicking on the box containing the word Date at the top of the associated column within the register, itself, so that the triangular arrow changes directions. 

I look forward to any update you may be able to provide, should you have the chance to check back in with us about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • cboot
    cboot Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also downloaded transactions from Discover will not match automatically, I have to manually match all of them.
  • cboot
    cboot Member ✭✭
    Options
    Before all Discover transactions have matched with no problem. No error messages. I have added my son's account at the same bank I have with different user name and password.....same as I have with other banks. If this continues my try to start a new file with his accounts to see if this might be the problem but this would not explain the issue with others....Chase, Discover, etc.
  • cboot
    cboot Member ✭✭
    Options
    Saw today, when I updated, accounts showed that I had downloaded transactions to clear but when I opened the account, these transactions just disappeared where there were no transactions to match even though it should have been.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    cboot said:
    Saw today, when I updated, accounts showed that I had downloaded transactions to clear but when I opened the account, these transactions just disappeared where there were no transactions to match even though it should have been.
    Hello @cboot

I am sorry about these ongoing issues with missing transactions and transaction matching. Thank you for continuing to work with me on this.

What connection method are you using to link your accounts to online banking services? You can check this anytime by navigating to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then clicking the Edit button in the row associated with an affected account. Next, navigate to the Online Services tab in the screen that follows. The information regarding connection method should be listed here.

Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

Next, try adding one of your affected accounts by clicking on the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand portion of the screen. I am curious if these issues with transaction downloads continue in the test file. 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How new are these transactions which you expect to download from the bank? There could be a timing issue and you need to wait another business day or two.
    In some cases, transactions may appear on the bank's website but they aren't confirmed yet and need an overnight processing run by the bank before they're available for downloading.
    Temporary card charge reservations are some of those which, IMHO, should never be downloadable until finalized (e.g, reserving some $$ at the gas station while you pump gas until the gas station sends in the final amount hours or days later)
  • cboot
    cboot Member ✭✭
    Options
    Several days to several weeks old
  • cboot
    cboot Member ✭✭
    Options
    Today, Quicken may be downloading as it should.....other than a transaction on 7/18/22 . I'll keep my fingers crossed, don't know what changed......
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If a single transaction is not downloading but others around the same date did, it may be because it was already downloaded and, without you noticing it, mismatched to an earlier register transaction.
This discussion has been closed.