Quicken crashes at startup after latest update

Options
samirpatel
samirpatel Member ✭✭
Quicken crashes at startup after the latest update. After a bunch of trouble-shooting, I decided to uninstall it & do a fresh install. It will launch correctly with a clean install. But subsequent starts cause it to crash. Another fresh install fixed it, but the cycle continued.

As an alternative, I launched Quicken with admin privs; this worked fine, but I received the standard message that Quicken doesn't support running with admin privs.

Seems like something got broken with respect to file/admin permissions recently, and is causing this to happen.

Any other suggestions or do I wait for this bug to be fixed?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken crashes at startup after the latest update. After a bunch of trouble-shooting, I decided to uninstall it & do a fresh install. It will launch correctly with a clean install. But subsequent starts cause it to crash. Another fresh install fixed it, but the cycle continued.

As an alternative, I launched Quicken with admin privs; this worked fine, but I received the standard message that Quicken doesn't support running with admin privs.

Seems like something got broken with respect to file/admin permissions recently, and is causing this to happen.

Any other suggestions or do I wait for this bug to be fixed?
    Hello @samirpatel,       

I am sorry to hear about this issue with crashing. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is on your computer and is not being stored on an external drive or cloud-based storage service. These locations can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to your answer and I hope to work with you further, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.