R42.21 - Amex OL-294-A error.

Answers

• Hey Frankx,

WOW1 Lightening fast effort!! It's working now. Thanks
  • cbit
    cbit Member ✭✭
    My account is working again. Appreciation to Quicken, Amex and community members who posted suggestions and useful troubleshooting information.
  • gfvalvo
    gfvalvo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Seems to be working now. Fingers crossed.
  • Michael Cohen
    Michael Cohen Member ✭✭
    Federal Express unable to download. This has been failing for me for about a week. Per instructions from Fed Ex I deactivated the account. Next I tried to reconnect it 10 or 15 times a day for two days. Finally Federal Express had enough!. After forcing a change of password and finding numerous ways to verify who I was it allowed me to log into the Fed Ex Website. After that I activated one step update and all was well. Providing enough extra useless traffic to the Fed Ex servers evidently did the trick. Neither Federal Express now Quicken support knew anything about the problem
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Federal Express unable to download. This has been failing for me for about a week. Per instructions from Fed Ex I deactivated the account. Next I tried to reconnect it 10 or 15 times a day for two days. Finally Federal Express had enough!. After forcing a change of password and finding numerous ways to verify who I was it allowed me to log into the Fed Ex Website. After that I activated one step update and all was well. Providing enough extra useless traffic to the Fed Ex servers evidently did the trick. Neither Federal Express now Quicken support knew anything about the problem
    Why are you posting this in the thread about American Express?
  • Misterbill
    Misterbill Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    Federal Express unable to download. 

What does one download from FedEx into Quicken???
  • Michael Cohen
    Michael Cohen Member ✭✭
    I called American Express Federal Express. Otherwise comment is valid
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yay!  Successful Direct Connect on August 2 at 10:27 pm Pacific.    :)
  • SUCCESS! 8/3/2022 6:15 AM Quicken Deluxe v42.21 on Windows.
    In my previous post I mentioned how I changed what looked like a corrupted Amex account number in Quicken to my card number and downloads from Amex into Quicken still failed. Well today, when I tried to download Amex transactions I was given the choice to link my Quicken Amex account to the number that looked corrupted in previous days. It was the only choice. I took it. One transaction was downloaded successfully and reconciliation was successful. I only had one new transaction on my Amex card. Hopefully this fix is permanent.
  • schmidtj
    schmidtj Member ✭✭
    This morning I did my usual One Step Update and all my accounts including American Express updated successfully. I made no changes to Quicken at any time during this issue. It fixed itself from my perspective. Fingers crossed.
  • basimmer
    basimmer Member ✭✭
    My AMEX download worked this morning.
  • basimmer
    basimmer Member ✭✭
    My AMEX download worked this morning first time since being on R42.21.
  • basimmer
    basimmer Member ✭✭
    My AMEX download worked this morning.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Working again as of this morning.
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    My AmEx downloads are working this morning, too.

B) Windows 11 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Jared

Would it be possible to get an explanation from the Quicken folk regarding what happened? If this was a ball dropped by Amex then that would serve two purposes:

1. Make us feel better about Quicken.
    2. Give us a reason to light up Amex.
  • There were so many comments on the AMEX problem that Quicken was pressured to resolve the problem in a relatively quick 2 days. However, many of us still have problems with BJ's Master Card transactions since I reported it on June 23 and 6 weeks later Quicken has not yet resolved the issues. How about lighting up the screens for this one too!
  • husslein
    husslein Member ✭✭
    AMEX working for me as well <miracles>
  • Just got mine to work today (8/3) after being unable to for the past three days. I did change the pwd in the process. Seems to be ok again.
  • daes
    daes Quicken Windows Subscription Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Working for me today, 8/3.
  • Shelley Belle
    Shelley Belle Member ✭✭
    It has been two days and no update. That's unacceptable.
  • @Shelley Belle - I think the issue has been resolved and you should be able to connect with Amex again.
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I was able to download this evening:

I use Direct Connect and made no changes.

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

• Judyrb
    Judyrb Member ✭✭
    This is an update for my previous issues. Doing nothing at all, on 8/4 I ran OSU and AMEX completed normally. Before it was a 2-3 sec instant error. I had no transactions from OSU but I don't use that account a lot. Someone said it may have been a change from AMEX itself, not Quicken. My results seem to support that. Hope it continues!
  • bgrodski
    bgrodski Member ✭✭
    I was having the same issue up until several days ago, but now it's working fine. I'm running an updated Windows 10 and Quicken R42.21 Build 27.1.42.21. I deactivated Online Services and reactivated. The only difference is that I was manually downloading transactions to a Quicken .QFX file, then importing them into Quicken for a while. Maybe this process triggered something that allowed the deactivate/reactivate process to work? Anyway it's been running fine for me for three days now.
This discussion has been closed.