OL-301-A error when updating Merrill Lynch Account data

Options
s.w.harrell
s.w.harrell Member
I've tried yesterday and today...still get the OL-301-A error indicating financial institution "has rejected your request"...this error seems to be occurring for multiple financial institutions. Anyone else have this issue with Merrill Lynch??

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've tried yesterday and today...still get the OL-301-A error indicating financial institution "has rejected your request"...this error seems to be occurring for multiple financial institutions. Anyone else have this issue with Merrill Lynch??
    Hello @s.w.harrell, 

I am sorry about this issue with the OL-301-A error message. Thanks for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

You will need to refresh branding and profile settings. If you haven't upgraded from a recently discontinued version of Quicken, continue to the section below.

1. In Quicken, select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
    2. Click the Financial Institution dropdown arrow and select the financial institution.
    3. Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
    4. Select one of the accounts associated with the bank from the dropdown list
    5. Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the list and click Refresh.
    6. Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    7. Attempt your online session again.
    You can read more about these instructions in the Support Article linked here, including steps for troubleshooting in the event that you have not upgraded from recently discontinued versions of Quicken.

I hope to hear back from you, if you have the chance to check back in with us, soon.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • s.w.harrell
    Options
    Jared, I did what you suggested. No luck. I even updated the Quicken software. I'm still on the phone with Merrill Lynch. They have followed the suggestions from quicken regarding this error but the instructions do not describe how to fix the problem...the name of the banking institution has changed...the "rebranding/refresh" that I did per your instructions apparently did not correct the issue. Please advise.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Jared, I did what you suggested. No luck. I even updated the Quicken software. I'm still on the phone with Merrill Lynch. They have followed the suggestions from quicken regarding this error but the instructions do not describe how to fix the problem...the name of the banking institution has changed...the "rebranding/refresh" that I did per your instructions apparently did not correct the issue. Please advise.
    Hello @s.w.harrell,  

I am sorry about this issue continuing after you have made use of the earlier troubleshooting instructions. Thanks for getting back to me about your results. 

You said that your financial institution's name has changed; what has the name been changed to?

I look forward to your reply and hope to provide further information once this has been answered. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • s.w.harrell
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply, Jared. Merrill agent said the name of the institution will depend on where (within quicken) it is modified. I have it listed as "Merrill Lynch Investments" in my Quicken account. The Merrill rep said it will be EITHER Bank of America All Other States OR Bank of America/Quicken....Merrill said that they have been unable to get instructions from Quicken as to how to fix this. I'm hoping you can tell me how so I don't have to wait on hold with them any longer! I won't be able to get back to this computer tonight...so, you have some time to craft some expert instructions for me to follow to correct this...or get in touch with Merrill ...the agent I spoke with said that a number of clients are having the same issue. Thank you!
  • s.w.harrell
    Options
    Jared, Any luck solving this issue?
  • Quicken Jared
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Jared, Any luck solving this issue?
    Hello @s.w.harrell,  

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion, though I apologize that the issue persists after attempting the steps previously provided.

It is most likely that you will still make use of the Merrill Lynch Investments instance, as the other options provided earlier are reserved for banking and checking accounts. 

Also, could you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit your log files so we can further investigate, please? 

Check back in with us and let us know once the logs have been submitted. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.