I can't uncheck the "Hide In Transaction" option

Options
lgrondin
lgrondin Member
I have a Wells Fargo loan account but can not see any of my transaction because the "Hide in Transcation" option is checked in the account details and can it be uncheck as it is dim.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Igrondin,

It sounds like you've closed out the account.  If that is correct, you will not be able to simply change that setting (i.e. uncheck that box).  Is that what happened?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HI again @lgrondin,

To actually answer your question:

The only options you have to “uncheck” that box would be to either:

a) restore a backup file dated before the date that you closed that account in Quicken, or

b) add a new account in Quicken (to replace the one you’ve closed) and then “Move” all the transactions from the old “closed account” register into the new account register.   After successfully setting up the new account and doing the transfer, you could then delete the old “closed” account. 

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.