“Credentials Invalid” - new user in Netherlands

Roszalief
Roszalief Member
Hi, I am an user from The Netherlands and I have just purchased Quicken for Windows. I have created my Quicken ID and have downloaded the application to my computer. However, when I try to login I cannot. It keeps saying that my credentials are incorrect. I have already changed my password 3 times and tried to login again. But I keep getting the same error message. What to do?

I must say that the whole purchasing-experience has been very bumpy. I was not able to purchase the application with my Paypall account. In the end I filled in my Credit Card details with a ZipCode from New York to be able to finalise the purchase. But now I am stuck again. Not something I had in mind for my Sunday.

Comments

• Roszalief
    Roszalief Member
    Well, I was able to login to the web version. Application still does not allow me to login.

I tried to create my first bank account manually. But it will not work. The data validation gets an error. Even though I have clicked the date in the calendar. I have even set my windows to English. I have tried all the possibilities that I could think of. I am now convinced it does not work.

I am aware it is a US and Canadian product. But in the past I have used Quicken before and could upload MT messages etc so it was working. But now I cannot even login or try to manually add anything very simple. Very disappointing as I do not know anything in the NL or even Europe that will allow me to track my finances this well.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Roszalief said:
    Well, I was able to login to the web version. Application still does not allow me to login.

I tried to create my first bank account manually. But it will not work. The data validation gets an error. Even though I have clicked the date in the calendar. I have even set my windows to English. I have tried all the possibilities that I could think of. I am now convinced it does not work.

I am aware it is a US and Canadian product. But in the past I have used Quicken before and could upload MT messages etc so it was working. But now I cannot even login or try to manually add anything very simple. Very disappointing as I do not know anything in the NL or even Europe that will allow me to track my finances this well.
    Hello @Roszalief,     

I am sorry that you are being affected by this issue with signing into the application. Thank you for drawing our attention to this here on the Quicken Community.

First, are you receiving an 'Invalid Credentials' error message at any point when trying to sign in? Also, just so I am clear: are you making use of a VPN at all?

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Roszalief
    Roszalief Member
    BTW, after a chat with Quicken I understood that it has to do that I am in the Netherlands and should use a US VPN. That worked, however, I ran it to other problems that cannot be solved. Hence I will ask for my money back. Problems have nothing to do with Quicken.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Roszalief said:
    BTW, after a chat with Quicken I understood that it has to do that I am in the Netherlands and should use a US VPN. That worked, however, I ran it to other problems that cannot be solved. Hence I will ask for my money back. Problems have nothing to do with Quicken.
    Hello @Roszalief

I am sorry to hear about additional issues emerging. I have sent you a Direct Message in regards to refunds. Note that you can access your Direct Messages by clicking on the enveloped icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, pictured below. 

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.