Quicken Inc has charged my credit card

Hi Community. I have an annual subscription which I pay with a UK Credit card. My renewal isn't due until 29th August 2022. Why would Quicken Inc charge my credit card twice today on the the 14th August for small amounts. Eg, 2 x GBP 0.83?

Thank You.

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    They might be verifying that your card is still valid so they can give you a heads up that you need to fix it if it no longer works? Though I can't recall ever seeing charges on my card for that purpose before. Are they actual charges or just pending charges that might drop off after a few days (similar to what you get when you use your card at a gas pump)?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    They might be verifying that your card is still valid so they can give you a heads up that you need to fix it if it no longer works? Though I can't recall ever seeing charges on my card for that purpose before. Are they actual charges or just pending charges that might drop off after a few days (similar to what you get when you use your card at a gas pump)?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• David Potter
    David Potter Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Jon, thank you for the quick response. My card provider has confirmed they are debit and credit transactions, so net to zero. I was concerned as I have never seen this before from Quicken and was worried my card had been hacked or something like that. They are as you say still Pending so hopefully they will just disappear.

Kind regards

David
This discussion has been closed.