Cannot get Quicken to open tonight

Options
wwengineers
wwengineers Member
When I try to open Quicken I get this message
"Unable to initialize Quicken Run time Components. Restart Windows and try again to open Quicken. If problem persists visit Quicken Support."

I have Restarted Windows several times same message. Turned off computer and unplugged for an hour--same message..

What do I need to do?

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    After reinstalling, you will have to import your data from a previous backup, either from a backup on your computer or from an external backup.
    Not true. Uninstalling & reinstalling does not affect the data file. You should be able to simply open it.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken shows this error when it's unable to access specific components during the startup process. Since restarting your computer hasn't worked, try uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken. After reinstalling, you will have to import your data from a previous backup, either from a backup on your computer or from an external backup. You will most likely need to change your text size fonts to your preference.
    Click "Edit" - Preferences - select register in the left window - click "fonts" in the right window.
    • You can find instructions to uninstall Quicken here.
    • For instructions to download and install Quicken, click here.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    After reinstalling, you will have to import your data from a previous backup, either from a backup on your computer or from an external backup.
    Not true. Uninstalling & reinstalling does not affect the data file. You should be able to simply open it.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.