National Bank of Arizona credit card will not update

Options
John Rech
John Rech Member ✭✭
I have had a NBNA credit card for many years. About 6 months ago it stopped updating in quicken. I have tried deleting the account in quicken. Trying my laptop. Adding a test account. You name it i have tried it. Bank says its Quicken, Quicken say its the bank. I have sent log files to Quicken several times. No response. Today it say I mistyped my password Error CC-503. Not the wrong password

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    John Rech said:
    I have had a NBNA credit card for many years. About 6 months ago it stopped updating in quicken. I have tried deleting the account in quicken. Trying my laptop. Adding a test account. You name it i have tried it. Bank says its Quicken, Quicken say its the bank. I have sent log files to Quicken several times. No response. Today it say I mistyped my password Error CC-503. Not the wrong password
    Hello @John Rech

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by the CC-503 error message. Thank you for discussing this issue with us here on the Quicken Community.

To be clear, if you are still experiencing this error after you have attempted the instructions provided below (after saving a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen), I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support

Step One: Verify your bank login information

1. Type your password/PIN into a text application, such as Notepad, WordPad, or other text/word application. 

Note: This is a way of confirming you don't have typographical errors in this field.  

1. Highlight the "confirmed" password and then copy it (Ctrl + C) and paste it (Ctrl + V) into the appropriate fields in Quicken.

Step Two: Verify your bank login at the bank's website

1. Go to your bank's website and use your credentials to log in to the bank's website.
    2. Confirm that you're able to log in to the bank's website with the expected username and password.

Please note, Quicken has a 16-character limit for bank passwords. If your bank password is longer than 16 characters, it will need to be shortened.

Step Three: Update your password(s) in Quicken

1. Launch Quicken and go to Tools > Password Vault > Add/Edit Passwords.
    2. Click on the account in the Password Vault.
    3. Choose Delete Password for the account.
    4. Complete a One Step Update, you will be prompted to enter the password manually.
    5. Type in the password (the same one used on the bank's website) and check in the box marked Save next to the password field.
    6. Click Update Now.

If the login ID or username also needs to be changed:

1. Choose Tools > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    5. Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
    6. Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.
    7. Return to the Online Services tab, and click Set up Now for each account you've deactivated.
    8. Enter the correct login ID and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account.

Note that you may read more about the earlier instructions in the Article provided in this link.

You may use the link provided here to contact Quicken Support if the above instructions were not sufficient to provide a resolution. Quicken Support will be able to troubleshoot this problem in greater detail, and will represent the best path forward. 

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • John Rech
    John Rech Member ✭✭
    Options
    The log-on problems was resolved by the Bank somehow. It just went away. I continue to have no transactions downloading. I can do a manual download but that's not how all my other accounts or credit cards work. There are times that will not work as well. It has been going on for 6-8 months. Connected by express web connect.
This discussion has been closed.