Identifying cloud storage backup

When I attempt to start Quicken I get this dialog:

Quicken cannot open the data file because it is in use by another application, such as a cloud storage backup. Please close that application or turn off cloud storage sync and try again.

I have first turned paused OneDrive sync for 24 hours. I then "Quit" OneDrive. Both times I continue to get this message.

I'm on Windows. I have McAfee protection but don't know if that's it.

Outside Office 365, what else could be causing this to go to the cloud?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    sdaily4tx said:
    When I attempt to start Quicken I get this dialog:

Quicken cannot open the data file because it is in use by another application, such as a cloud storage backup. Please close that application or turn off cloud storage sync and try again.

I have first turned paused OneDrive sync for 24 hours. I then "Quit" OneDrive. Both times I continue to get this message.

I'm on Windows. I have McAfee protection but don't know if that's it.

Outside Office 365, what else could be causing this to go to the cloud?
    Hello @sdaily4tx,         

I am sorry to hear about this problem with the error message regarding the application being in use with another program. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

Just so I am clear: was the active data file being stored on OneDrive, at one point, and is it still saved there? For reference, you can check your data file location by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • I had moved the archive files to my Google drive. Once OneDrive was available, i moved from Google to OneDrive.

Google Drive is no longer on my desktop. Google Drive has no Quicken files in the folders. I've signed out of Google

I have also tried to restart with the last known backup file saved in \Backups. I get the same warning.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    sdaily4tx said:
    I had moved the archive files to my Google drive. Once OneDrive was available, i moved from Google to OneDrive.

Google Drive is no longer on my desktop. Google Drive has no Quicken files in the folders. I've signed out of Google

I have also tried to restart with the last known backup file saved in \Backups. I get the same warning.
    Hello @sdaily4tx,     

Thanks for reaching out again. I do apologize this problem is continuing. 

Make sure that the current active data file is located on your computer, then save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the following steps:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.