One step update freezes or waiting forever

Options
One step update freezes or says waiting for 10-15 minutes at a time until I finally have to shut it down. I have tried uninstall/clean install. I have tried logging out of Quicken and logging back in. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    One step update freezes or says waiting for 10-15 minutes at a time until I finally have to shut it down. I have tried uninstall/clean install. I have tried logging out of Quicken and logging back in. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
    Hello @Karen Rice

I am sorry to hear about this problem with freezing and hanging. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you tried restarting the computer when this happens? If this issue is continuing after all of these troubleshooting steps, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support using the link provided here. They will provide additional assistance with the tools and resources uniquely open to them.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    During which part of One Step Update is Quicken freezing (or hanging up)? Downloading transactions for a certain bank? Syncing to the web? Updating Online Bills?
    A little more detail would be helpful.
    I recommend your restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data
    Most likely your Quicken file is damaged due to the cancellation while updates were in progress.

• Karen Rice
    Karen Rice Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you both for your comments. I let the update run and it does eventually complete...after 20 minutes. I have timed it. I don't see any particular bank that it freezes on. I have restored the data file from a backup twice. No luck. I will reach out to support today. Thanks again!
  • KZar
    KZar Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem. Seems that the R43.20 "upgrade" didn't just mess up the Chase connection issues. Since the upgrade, my software freezes (grays-out) and spins endlessly when attempting to use One Step Update to download credit card transactions from several other banks as well.

The banks that it hangs up on (yes, I've attempted to update individually) include CitiBank, Capital One, Discover, and of course Chase.

Worth noting that some bank connections are still working. I've had no problems downloading transactions from USAA, American Express, and Fidelity.

For the record, I've tried all of the fixes recommended in multiple threads. Validate, super validate, reinstall, etc... Nothing works. This is a complete mess and simple "try this" advice is a waste of time. This is a fundamental software issue on the Quicken side of things.

What is being done to rectify these issues? Timeline?
  • Peterg99
    Options
    Running R43.26 "fix". Chase credit card account updated once, now hangs and spins. The only way out is to force quit which "kills" transactions downloaded from other accounts. This is a huge mess and requires Quicken to fix this fast!!!
This discussion has been closed.