Can't set-up Ameriprise Signature Visa from Elan Financial Services for online downloads

jimaa9mw
jimaa9mw Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
I have an Ameriprise Signature Visa from Elan Financial Services.   I have never been able to get it set up for downloads to Quicken.  When I try to set the account up for online services, I have tried to use my regular Ameriprise Credentials, which seem to be recognized, but then it asks me a security question that I do not know the answer because as far as I can recall, I was never asked to setup for Elan or Ameriprise.  I also see no way to change the security question on either the Ameriprise site or the Elan site when I am redirected to it from the Ameriprise site. Currently, I have always accessed the Elan Financial Services site by logging into Ameriprise which then redirects me to the Elan Financial Services site when I click on the related credit card account.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Quicken Mac Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jimaa9mw said:
    I have an Ameriprise Signature Visa from Elan Financial Services.   I have never been able to get it set up for downloads to Quicken.  When I try to set the account up for online services, I have tried to use my regular Ameriprise Credentials, which seem to be recognized, but then it asks me a security question that I do not know the answer because as far as I can recall, I was never asked to setup for Elan or Ameriprise.  I also see no way to change the security question on either the Ameriprise site or the Elan site when I am redirected to it from the Ameriprise site. Currently, I have always accessed the Elan Financial Services site by logging into Ameriprise which then redirects me to the Elan Financial Services site when I click on the related credit card account.
    Hello @jimaa9mw

I do apologize about this problem with connecting accounts. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, what instance are you selecting in the Add Credit Account screen? Have you tried both Elan Financial Services and the Ameriprise options? Also, try checking your online banking profile with Ameriprise to see whether not there are menu options regarding third-party access or authorization. It may be that you need to either allow access from the financial institution's website, or create credentials in order to link the accounts.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jimaa9mw
    Well, you gave me a clue to go back and try Ameriprise again which I did and it worked.  I cleared out the information in Quicken that was pointing to Elan Financial Services even though that is who the card is issued from.  I then went back through the add online services for the account and used Ameriprise as the search term to look for financial institutions.  It came up with four entries - 2 of which were for brokerage accounts which I already am linked to for my investment accounts.  I tried the term that said "Ameriprise MasterCard" - it didn't work (didn't expect it to as the card I have is a signature Visa Card.  I then tried the entry for "Ameriprise Financial Employee Card.  I didn't expect it to work but it did.  I used my Ameriprise login credentials that I also use for the brokerage interface and it found the account even though I am not an Ameriprise Employee, only an Ameriprise Client.  Didn't expect that.
  • jimaa9mw
    Actually, didn't work even though it "found" the card when I used Ameriprise Financial Employee Card.  It is still not downloading transactions.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Quicken Mac Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jimaa9mw said:
    Actually, didn't work even though it "found" the card when I used Ameriprise Financial Employee Card.  It is still not downloading transactions.
    Hello @jimaa9mw

I am sorry that these online banking issues are continuing, even now that you were able to find instances to link with in the Add Account screen. Thank you for reaching back out and letting us know about this.

Take a look at the following Support Article, linked here, and let me know if any of those scenarios seems to apply, as well as if it helps to resolve the issue. Specifically, look to the section entitled, Instructions - If this is the first time this has happened.

I am eager to hear your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.