Register screen refreshes continuously

When I try to open some account registers, the window opens and shows everything correctly but then it refreshes continuously making Quicken unresponsive. Registers with just a few transactions are fine but those with 1000+ transactions and downloaded transactions have problems. I have to terminate Quicken using Task Manager. This has started happening consistently in the last few days.

Comments

• After some more investigation, the problem seems to be limited to accounts that download from Bank of America-All Other States. Registers that download from other banks continue to work ok.
    This is with Quicken Windows R43.20 Build 27.1.43.20.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    After some more investigation, the problem seems to be limited to accounts that download from Bank of America-All Other States. Registers that download from other banks continue to work ok.
    This is with Quicken Windows R43.20 Build 27.1.43.20.
    Hello @claudiofahey,   

I am sorry to hear about this issue with unusual register behavior. Thank you for reaching out to us about this matter here on the Quicken Community. 

First, what connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Here is the information you requested.
    Financial Institution: Bank of America-All Other States
    Connection Method: Direct Connect

I have fixed the problem by clicking the Reset Account for one of my Bank of America accounts. Not only does the register window come up, but many other activities in Quicken appear to work much faster than before.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a shot in the dark ...
    Are some of the problem bank account registers shown in "One line per transaction" mode while others use "Two lines per transaction" mode?
    (To toggle between modes press CTRL-2)
This discussion has been closed.