Adding Auto Loan

eeciii
eeciii Member ✭✭
The create wizard will not move past Your Loan Reminder. I click Next, configure setup reminder, click Done and now back at Your Loan Reminder. The only option forward is Next which pops the setup reminder dialog again.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    eeciii said:
    The create wizard will not move past Your Loan Reminder. I click Next, configure setup reminder, click Done and now back at Your Loan Reminder. The only option forward is Next which pops the setup reminder dialog again.
    Hello @eeciii,  

I am sorry to hear about this issue where loan accounts cannot be created. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

Are you noticing this problem with any other account types? Try saving a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the instructions provided below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I hope to hear about your results, soon, if you should have the chance to speak with us about this matter, again. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • eeciii
    eeciii Member ✭✭
    thank you for your suggestions. I tried both types of file validation but the result is the same. I had previously tried normal "validate file". And now have performed "super validate file".

The loan setup continues to get caught in a loop. When one closes the reminder setup wizard - the main wizard is not able to go further there is no Enter - the Next button pops the reminder wizard again.
  • eeciii
    eeciii Member ✭✭
    using Quicken 43.26 on Windows 10
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    eeciii said:
    thank you for your suggestions. I tried both types of file validation but the result is the same. I had previously tried normal "validate file". And now have performed "super validate file".

The loan setup continues to get caught in a loop. When one closes the reminder setup wizard - the main wizard is not able to go further there is no Enter - the Next button pops the reminder wizard again.
    Hello @eeciii,   

Thanks for getting back to me with your results, and for letting me know more about your system and software version. I am sorry these problems continue even after validating and supervalidating the data file.

To begin with: where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.

Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the same upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

Try adding the account by going to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper menu at the top of the screen, mentioned previously, and then let us know if the problem is repeating.

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • eeciii
    eeciii Member ✭✭
    The quicken file is on my notebook under the documents folder. All files local.
    I created a Test quicken file and the new loan wizard does work correctly. I went back to my quicken file and the new loan wizard still gets stuck at the reminder wizard.
  • eeciii
    eeciii Member ✭✭
    At this point I may need to call support as the wizard never moves on to finish the loan account. If I exit out of the wizard - the account is deleted as the creation process is never finished. this is my first major issue with quicken in 25+ years of using it.
This discussion has been closed.