Ending Balance incorrect/overstated after web connect download

ligreenizs
ligreenizs Member
Since upgrading to the latest release (meaning Quicken 22? I beleive it is) I have experienced several times that my checking account was balanced, then I run the one step update (web Connect) and my online balance is correct but suddenly my ending balance is overstated. I match the downloaded transactions so there is no rhyme or reason as to why the ending balance is overstated by thousands of dollars. It is almost like old transactions were downloaded and accepted affecting the balance because when I view the uncleared entries they are valid and current transactions. Has anyone else experienced this? Last night my account was in balance. One transaction was downloaded and matched and the balance is no longer correct. I have been using Quicken for 18 years and have never experienced this
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    edited September 18
    Since upgrading to the latest release (meaning Quicken 22? I beleive it is) I have experienced several times that my checking account was balanced, then I run the one step update (web Connect) and my online balance is correct but suddenly my ending balance is overstated. I match the downloaded transactions so there is no rhyme or reason as to why the ending balance is overstated by thousands of dollars. It is almost like old transactions were downloaded and accepted affecting the balance because when I view the uncleared entries they are valid and current transactions. Has anyone else experienced this? Last night my account was in balance. One transaction was downloaded and matched and the balance is no longer correct. I have been using Quicken for 18 years and have never experienced this
    Hello @ligreenizs,  

I am sorry to hear about this problem with incorrect ending balances. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, is this occurring with more than one account, and if so, are these accounts associated with multiple financial institutions? If not, which financial institution are you noticing this issue affecting? have you checked the Opening balance in these account registers to make sure that the amount featured here is correct? Are there any duplicate transactions, so far as you can tell? 

I look forward to seeing your answers, and hope to provide suggestions, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared