How do I delete file labels when there is no data file? (Q Mac)

Options
Ocean38
Ocean38 Member ✭✭
When I click to open Quicken, it shows 8 file names and only and 2 files have data - Joe & Judith's Finances Primary (also shows .quicken and this is a duplicate file) and Store Checking 9088.quicken. How do I delete the other file names? If I click on any of these names without data, the total list closes

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Here's what you need to do: before proceeding, make sure you know where each of the "good" files is in the Finder. To do this, open Quicken on one of the good files, then click menu File > "Show (filename) in Finder". The folder containing the file will open in the Finder. Leave this window open.

Now back in Quicken, click menu File > Open Recent. Choose the other good file and repeat the above steps, leaving that file's Finder window open.

Now, in Quicken, click menu File > Open Recent > Clear Menu.

Go the Finder and double click each of the good files you want to have quick access to. They will open in Quicken and be re-added to the Open Recents menu.

Now when you click the Quicken icon in the Dock, you should see that the list of files has been cleaned up and contains only the two good files.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Here's what you need to do: before proceeding, make sure you know where each of the "good" files is in the Finder. To do this, open Quicken on one of the good files, then click menu File > "Show (filename) in Finder". The folder containing the file will open in the Finder. Leave this window open.

Now back in Quicken, click menu File > Open Recent. Choose the other good file and repeat the above steps, leaving that file's Finder window open.

Now, in Quicken, click menu File > Open Recent > Clear Menu.

Go the Finder and double click each of the good files you want to have quick access to. They will open in Quicken and be re-added to the Open Recents menu.

Now when you click the Quicken icon in the Dock, you should see that the list of files has been cleaned up and contains only the two good files.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Ocean38
    Ocean38 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Brilliant! Can't thank you enough.
This discussion has been closed.