Cannot Add RBC (Royal Bank) to Quicken

tgarnett123
tgarnett123 Member ✭✭
I have been trying to add RBC to Quicken (I already have TD Canada Trust accounts for some time, with no issues) and I keep getting error message "Quicken can't add this account because RBC website is unavailable, try again later". I have tried several times and over a few days. On the RBC side it shows that there weres unsuccessful attempt to gain access, which I had to confirm was me. Is there an issue with Quicken getting access to RBC accounts?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    I have been trying to add RBC to Quicken (I already have TD Canada Trust accounts for some time, with no issues) and I keep getting error message "Quicken can't add this account because RBC website is unavailable, try again later". I have tried several times and over a few days. On the RBC side it shows that there weres unsuccessful attempt to gain access, which I had to confirm was me. Is there an issue with Quicken getting access to RBC accounts?
    Hello @tgarnett123

I am sorry to hear about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Are you noticing any error codes alongside this message? if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your RBC-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same error message occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tgarnett123
    tgarnett123 Member ✭✭
    I went through all of that with an agent online and the same error message occurred. I was told to call back next week as there may be a higher tech agent who may be able to help me.