EWC+ with Bank of America - How do I get out of it?

Options
This switchover has been HORRIBLE. How do I get away from EWC+ with Bank of America?

(1) It caused my account value to be wrong BOTH times I did it as it put a mythical value in as a LARGE negative number for the opening account value - all the way back in 2002.
(2) I cannot download transactions anymore.

I have deactivated and reactivated. That didn't help. I tried to do the F4 option to change my connection with Help - About Quicken but I don't see any change connection option. This is a HUGE waste of my time and is causing me to consider if I should FINALLY give up on Quicken. I have been a user for 25 years at this point in time so I would lose a lot, but I am so frustrated with the slowness of the product and these forced updates.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @thomas.f.wise

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your BOA account.

Unfortunately, if you don't use the new Express Web Connect+ method to download your BOA data, the only other options would be:

a) to disconnect the account completely in Quicken and manually enter transactions in your Quicken register;

b) to manually download a csv file of your transactions from the BOA website and then (because Quicken can not directly import a CSV file into Quicken) you'll need to use ImportQIF to convert the file to a QIF file for import.  Here's a link to the website of a fellow community member who developed ImportQIF - LINK.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• thomas.f.wise
    thomas.f.wise Member ✭✭
    Options
    I can't go back to whatever I had before EWC+? This is horrendous. Why is it not downloading the data properly? Manually entering is essentially the same at this point.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi again @thomas.f.wise

No, the only "auto" downloading method now available is EWC+.  So you'll need to stay with that or use the manual download technique I described above. 

One thing that you might want to try would be to disconnect your current Quicken BOA account and then start a brand new BOA account and download (via EWC+) whatever data is available into that new account.  It should give you an account that has the correct ending balance and has recent transactions for the last couple of months. 

You can then move forward with that account as is, or attempt to "copy & paste' the historical transactions from the old account - making sure that you you adjust the account's opening balance for the net amount of the historical transactions that you copy & paste from the old account.  But make sure you make a good backup of your datafile before you do any of the "copy & paste" activity, just in case.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• tamashi
    tamashi Member ✭✭
    Options
    I saved a backup before attempting to convert to EWC+ (twice). Each time, I was frustrated by the errors encountered. I went back to my old backup yet again. I will wait until the very last minute to see if Quicken resolved all their blatant errors.
This discussion has been closed.