Capital One download- Quicken freezes

Options
Been downloading transactions from Capital One for years. Now in trying to set up download, the entire Quicken freezes and I have to use control/alt/delete to shut it down

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Martin A said:
    Been downloading transactions from Capital One for years. Now in trying to set up download, the entire Quicken freezes and I have to use control/alt/delete to shut it down
    Hello @Martin A

I am sorry to hear about this problem with freezing. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community to assistance. 

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here.

I look forward to hearing about your results, if you have the chance to check back in with us here on the Quicken Community. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • dsdameron
    dsdameron Member
    Options
    I have the same problem but only with Capital One - Is there another option verses what is mentioned above. that seems extreme to correct an issue with a single account. Thanks
  • khg
    khg Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with @dsdameron. This solution seems very severe. But I have the exact same problem. I have several Capital One accounts that are working fine, but yesterday when I tried to add a new one, I couldn't do it. I tried instead to create the new Quicken account instead by downloading a QFX from Capital One, which worked to create the account, but when I tried to follow the link in the new account's settings ("Your Financial Institution...Click here to find out more and get set up"), that's when Quicken freezes. Same thing if I go to the Account List and click "Improve connection").
This discussion has been closed.