Reauthorization for Chase accounts not working

Options
luccarwc
luccarwc Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
I was able to reauthorize three accounts at Chase, but two accounts will not download. Quicken gives me a screen to reauthorize but the Reauthorization button does not work. These are investment accounts, not checking or savings.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    luccarwc said:
    I was able to reauthorize three accounts at Chase, but two accounts will not download. Quicken gives me a screen to reauthorize but the Reauthorization button does not work. These are investment accounts, not checking or savings.
    Hello @luccarwc

I am sorry to hear about this problem with reauthorizing your accounts. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Are you finding that you are continually prompted for reauthorization, even after clicking the button when prompted? I want to make sure I know more about what is happening, specifically, when you try to reauthorize your accounts. 

I look forward to hearing your answer. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • luccarwc
    luccarwc Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for responding. When I click the Reauthorization button nothing happens. I am not being prompted again for reauthorization.
  • Peapod44
    Peapod44 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also am having trouble reauthorizing Chase accounts. I have done this successfully many times in the past. Today, the Chase account did not update (I had to update it manually), and the Chase mortgage now shows up as a Citibank credit card. It keeps taking me back to the reauthorization page where I cannot change the names of the accounts.
  • outback20
    outback20 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have gone thru the authorization steps about 20 times. Every time I try to download transactions (One Step Update), Quicken asks me to reauthorize my Chase credit card account. The re-authorization seems to work fine, userid, password, pin texted to phone, more screens and finally authorization is complete and you will be redirected back to Quicken.
    Unfortunately as a result of this "migration", I now have a NEW chase account (EWC+) with a few months of transactions. But my OLD chase account (Direct Connect) has 6 YEARS of transactions that I do not want to lose!
    So at this point Quicken has left 2 major issues: 1) duplicate accounts and 2) I cannot download new transactions because that just re-initiates another useless re-authorization. So basically Quicken is completely useless to me and many others at this point. Is anyone at Quicken listening? I see pages and pages of very similar complaints after this bungled Chase migration.
  • ajax91
    ajax91 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Dear Quicken: I am very unhappy with the mess of trying to download Chase credit card transactions after the "Chase migration" that was announced to be happening Sept. 26, 2022. Quicken has become worthless to me because I use a Chase credit card. I cannot download any Chase transactions. The Quicken software is not even presenting me with the re-authorization icons, etc. that are described in the Quicken "tutorial" as to how to re-authorize the Chase account. What am I supposed to do? Can you put out a general message to me and the other affected persons as to how to resolve this. I tried to use the Quicken chat feature. I got a "bot" that gave me worthless responses.
  • Ben Tienor
    Ben Tienor Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm with you @ajax91 they spam messages that promise prompts, they never arrive. I email, they auto reply saying they're too busy to read emails and point this forum. On this forum I've been told to call.... One wonders what the steps are to cancel the service. Surely that's easier than this.
This discussion has been closed.