Downloading Duplicate Transactions

Options
icee82
icee82 Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Since around September 25, 2022, I have had trouble downloading duplicate transactions. In other words, I will have reconciled transactions in Quicken and those same transactions are downloading so I have to go in and delete the duplicates daily which is VERY inconvenient. What can be done to fix this? I bank with a credit union and I realize that Chase has had issues but my issue is not related to that.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    What connection method are you using? Have you ever gotten a message that says that "only the most recent version of a file can be used with Quicken"?

In any case, turn on the Transaction ID field in the register and compare the duplicate transaction with the original one. If the Transaction IDs are different, then it is like the fault of the CU sending the same transaction with different IDs. Quicken has no way to resolve this as it considers transactions with different IDs to be different transactions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I just noticed that your profile says you're using QWin. If so, I'm not sure my answer applies. This query is posted in the QMac category. If you are using QWin, let us know so we can get the topic moved. If you are using QMac, you should update your profile.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • icee82
    icee82 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Oops...I posted this in the wrong forum. Yes it needs to be moved to QWin.
  • icee82
    icee82 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just downloaded the transaction and the ID's are the same.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    icee82 said:
    I just downloaded the transaction and the ID's are the same.
    Hello @icee82,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with duplicate transactions. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, are you noticing this issue with one particular credit union? I was somewhat unclear on this. If so, which credit union would this be? Lastly, have you been noticing that duplicate transactions are downloaded every time you update the account(s)?

I look forward to hearing back to you, and I hope to help you further, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • msbookbiz
    msbookbiz Member
    Options
    Is this issue under review? I'm getting duplicates in my Chase accounts, a credit union, and Wells Fargo Bank. It's very annoying to have to clean this up each time. And, I can't manually match transactions. It never finds the correct transaction to match, even if the names are exactly the same. What gives?
  • icee82
    icee82 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is happening with multiple accounts with different organizations. I have to go in and clean up this each time that I download transactions. What was a five minute exercise has developed into a twenty minute ordeal.
  • icee82
    icee82 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Quicken Jared" said:
    > Hello @icee82,   
    >
    > I am sorry to hear about this problem with duplicate transactions. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.
    >
    > First, are you noticing this issue with one particular credit union? I was somewhat unclear on this. If so, which credit union would this be? Lastly, have you been noticing that duplicate transactions are downloaded every time you update the account(s)?
    >
    > I look forward to hearing back to you, and I hope to help you further, if necessary. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

This is a small credit union in North Carolina and Virginia called Truliant Federal Credit Union. The duplicate transactions are downloaded every time that I update the accounts. This is also happening on a Truist Bank account as well as a Discover card. It is downloading duplicates for the past twenty days or so of transactions.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    icee82 said:
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @icee82,   
    >
    > I am sorry to hear about this problem with duplicate transactions. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.
    >
    > First, are you noticing this issue with one particular credit union? I was somewhat unclear on this. If so, which credit union would this be? Lastly, have you been noticing that duplicate transactions are downloaded every time you update the account(s)?
    >
    > I look forward to hearing back to you, and I hope to help you further, if necessary. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

This is a small credit union in North Carolina and Virginia called Truliant Federal Credit Union. The duplicate transactions are downloaded every time that I update the accounts. This is also happening on a Truist Bank account as well as a Discover card. It is downloading duplicates for the past twenty days or so of transactions.
    Hello @icee82,   

I do apologize that this issue is still ongoing. Thank you for letting me know more about which banking institutions are affected.

Did you recently deactivate any of these accounts for online banking services, and then reactivate them? Also, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... then follow the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how this works for you.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • icee82
    icee82 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @icee82,   
    >
    > I do apologize that this issue is still ongoing. Thank you for letting me know more about which banking institutions are affected.Did you recently deactivate any of these accounts for online banking services, and then reactivate them? Also, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... then follow the steps listed below:
    >
    > * Navigate to File
    > * Select Validate and Repair File...
    > * Select Validate File
    > * Click OK
    > * Close the Data Log
    > * Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    > * Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 
    >
    > If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 
    >
    > * Navigate to File
    > * Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    > * Select Super Validate File
    > * Click OK
    > * Close the Data Log
    > * Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    > * Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Let us know how this works for you.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

The first recommendation DID NOT work. Let me take the second step tomorrow night and report back.
  • icee82
    icee82 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried both of the aforementioned and neither worked. I am noticing that if I enter the transaction manually at the time of the transaction, it matches up the first time that I reconcile but not subsequent times.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Hello @icee82,  

Thank you for letting us know more about what is happening. I am sorry that this issue is continuing. 

Are you trying to download transactions that are already duplicated on the bank's side; Are you trying to download the same transaction twice? I am somewhat unclear on this based on what is being described. 

@trishinhouston,  

We apologize about this experience with Support. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

Are you experiencing this problem with multiple financial institutions, as well? 

I look forward to your answers. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.