Bill Manager

Options
Why don't Quick Pay and Check Pay appear in the check register as payment options as they used to?

Comments

• Dan Miller
    Dan Miller Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to have an option to pay online bills in my check register where it gave me an option of Quick Pay or Check Pay.  Now it doesn't give me that option and I believe it changed after the most recent Quicken update.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,
    Dan
  • carebear
    carebear Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. You are not alone.
  • Geri Price
    Geri Price Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here. No Check Pay option.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If your bank recently required you to reauthorize your checking account and/or your bank has changed from "Direct Connect" to either "Express Web Connect" or "Express Web Connect+" you can no longer use Online Bill Pay direct to the bank or Quicken Bill Manager's Quick Pay function. The banks no longer support this function through Quicken.

Alternatives:

1. Use Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay making sure to submit payment early enough (around 10 - 14 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.
    2. Logon to the bank's website and make your bill pay payments from the bank. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment. Repeat every time another payment is due.
    3. Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. to make the current payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payments before they come due.
    4. Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (around 10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.

I've been using a variation of method #3 for decades, since before the Internet and dial-up were even invented. It's easy to get used to this process. And I have yet to miss a single payment.

This discussion has been closed.