QWin 2016 transfer to QMac 6.9 not working?

Options
I have used Quicken Windows 2016 and I was attempting to transfer the file to a new Mac computer. I did validate the Windows file on the PC, transferred the file to the Mac desk top and then purchased the Quicken for Mac (6.9 version). When I had the windows file converted to the mac version and opened it up, nothing appears in the new Quicken for Mac program. No transactions, nothing. If you click on the Quicken icon at the top of the program, my file name for the old Windows file does appear. What did I do wrong? :'(

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Just checking.... from within QMac, you selected "Start from a Quicken Windows file" to get to the conversion process as detailed here?

https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-quicken-windows-quicken-mac-2016

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

PS. I'm not sure that the article I linked to is how it works now in spite of the 2022 update date in the footer... I notice that it refers to Quicken 2016 ... vs Quicken 6.9, the current 2022 subscription release.  My dim memory is that years ago - when Mac OS still allowed 32 bit apps - the conversion was handled on your Mac by a downloaded conversion utility ... but that after 32 bit apps were prohibited, the conversion happens by a utility uploading your Windows QDF file to the cloud where the conversion happens and a QMac data file (.quicken file) would then download.  Very fuzzy memory on this as it has been years now...

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

This discussion has been closed.