Where is the planning tab across the upper tool bar?

Options
dtslater
dtslater Member
Seems to have disappeared with one of the recent updates. My 'show tab' section has 'Planning' selected.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dtslater said:
    Seems to have disappeared with one of the recent updates. My 'show tab' section has 'Planning' selected.
    Hello @dtslater

I am sorry to hear about this issue with missing tabs. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

When did this issue begin? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this tab is missing in the restored file.

I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • wayne.kilburn
    wayne.kilburn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello Jared, The Planning tab disappeared a coupe of weeks ago, and as I use it frequently it is very disappointing. I backup regularly, but after fixing a number of items regarding to uploading bank statements etc, I have no intention of doing this to myself to fix a Quicken problem. It disappeared as a result of a software update, so surely Quicken can manage to track down the software glitch in Quicken updates. Please advise resolution. Thanks
  • wayne.kilburn
    wayne.kilburn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Any progress on this?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Any progress on this?
    What feature level do you use? Starter, Deluxe, etc.
    Try setting View menu to Classic Menus and make sure Show Tabs and Show Toolbar both have checkmarks. Then, in the View Menu select Tabs to show and make sure that all tabs have checkmarks (except for those that are grayed out)

• wayne.kilburn
    wayne.kilburn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Found it. After a ton of quicken pushups, I went to "View" and changed from the recommended view to "classic" and there it was on the top tool bar right where it has always been, and with all the sub-menus.
    So....it is established that there is a "planning" module still in quicken, that is accessible from the "Classic" menu, and that Quicken has been completely out to lunch on this. MAYBE the Mondo patch would have helped, but it didn't work!
    I am running the the 44.28 release. What an incredible waste of time "fixing" this Quicken!
  • wayne.kilburn
    wayne.kilburn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Should have looked at posting from ukr. Thanks for the parallel effort.
This discussion has been closed.