I added 2 factor authentication for my etrade accounts and now I get an error when downloading

Options
I get errors when I try to update my etrade accounts since adding 2 factor authentication. I am able to get into my etrade accounts through the etrade website so it isn't my password.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    psauve111 said:
    Hi Jared, I get a few errors, always get CC800 that one or more ETrade accounts have been deleted, so I click on fix it and have to go through the troubleshooter, sometimes it works and I can then add the code to update the account, then a pop up that we found the following accounts and have to link to the existing account. Sometimes it doesn't and have to click fix it multiple times.
    Hello @psuave111,  

Thanks so much for getting back to me with more information about what is happening. I do apologize that this has been causing so much frustration.

It sounds as though some troubleshooting has already been performed, but just in case, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then try taking a look at the Support Article linked here. Do the steps listed there seem to resolve the issue?

Let us know about your results, if you can. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Options
    psauve111 said:
    I get errors when I try to update my etrade accounts since adding 2 factor authentication. I am able to get into my etrade accounts through the etrade website so it isn't my password.
    Hello @psuave111,  

I am sorry about this issue with 2-factor authentication. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

What error message, specifically, are you seeing when trying to update your accounts? Also, are you able to receive notifications successfully for authentication?

I look forward to your answers, and I hope to provide more advice, once more information is available about this situation. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • psauve111
    psauve111 Member
    Options
    Hi Jared, I get a few errors, always get CC800 that one or more ETrade accounts have been deleted, so I click on fix it and have to go through the troubleshooter, sometimes it works and I can then add the code to update the account, then a pop up that we found the following accounts and have to link to the existing account. Sometimes it doesn't and have to click fix it multiple times.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    psauve111 said:
    Hello @psuave111,  

Thanks so much for getting back to me with more information about what is happening. I do apologize that this has been causing so much frustration.

It sounds as though some troubleshooting has already been performed, but just in case, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then try taking a look at the Support Article linked here. Do the steps listed there seem to resolve the issue?

Let us know about your results, if you can. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • psauve111
    psauve111 Member
    Options
    Hi Jared, Yes, this worked, when I updated all accounts, it did prompt me for the code for the etrade accounts. Thanks.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    psauve111 said:
    Hi Jared, Yes, this worked, when I updated all accounts, it did prompt me for the code for the etrade accounts. Thanks.
    Hello @psuave111,  

I am really grateful you took the chance to check back in with us and let us know how things turned out. I am also glad to hear that the situation seems to have been resolved.

Definitely feel free to reach out again anytime with any additional questions or concerns, and have a great day!

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • psauve111
    Options
    Hi Jared, I keep getting errors with this account, it's frustrating that everyday I have to fix the account, I'm not sure if there is a better fix for this.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    psauve111 said:
    Hi Jared, I keep getting errors with this account, it's frustrating that everyday I have to fix the account, I'm not sure if there is a better fix for this.
    Hello @psuave111,   

I am sorry to hear that online banking errors seem to be continuing. Thank you for following up with us about this. 

First, are these the CC-800 errors mentioned previously? If not, please let us know about what error codes you are now seeing in the application. With that being said, should the particular CC-800 error message be continuing, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support with the information provided in this link. They will need to troubleshoot and document this issue in greater detail with the resources available to them. 

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.