Why is One Step Update not working with Chase Checking Accounts, it does work with Credit Card?

Options
Cliff
Cliff Member ✭✭✭
My Chase Bank Checking Account will not download using One Step Update, However their Credit Card Does. I have been through the reauthorize steps. Quicken Premier VR44.27 Windows.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Cliff

Can you give us more information?  What happens when you attempt to download transactions?  Are you getting any error codes?  You used the "Quicken on the Web" category, was that a mistake?  Additional information will help us to help you.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Cliff
    Cliff Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I do not use Quicken on the Web. Nothing happens, it just does not download the Bank Acct., however, does download the CC accts. I have to go online with Chase and download checking transactions from there. I am going to try going through the whole reauthorize procedure again to see if that fixes it. Have the same problem with BofA except checking acct. downloads but not the CC acct. I went through the reauthorize procedure with them and got it to download but it downloaded "Opening Balance 10/20/2079 !!! Which means I am now 135 years old. I have been using Quicken ever since it was a Dos product, have seen many strange things over the years.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @Cliff

Thanks for the additional information.

You may want to try these steps before you do the whole reauthorization.

1) Open up the account register and click on the little Gear Icon in the upper right;
    2) Click on "Edit account details" > then click on the "Online Services" tab:
    3) In the "Online setup" box - is the "Connection Method": "Express Web Connect+"?  If so, I would suggest that you hit the "Reset Account" button and see if that fixes the problem.
    4) If the "Connection Method" is something else - like "Direct Connect" or just "Express Web Connect" without the plus "+", then you sould try the reauthorization process again.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Cliff
    Cliff Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the reauthorize procedure worked, I will know tomorrow. thanks for responding.
This discussion has been closed.