password - credentials are not valid

My password works on quicken.com, but when I enter in my app on my PC it doesn't work. I have tried changing passwords many times. Make the change, but the new password won't work. I reinstalled the program as well. I can still log in on browser but not the app on my computer.

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cupig are you by chance located outside of the US? Is the error you are getting on the desktop app “invalid credentials“?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7915219/invalid-credentials-when-using-quicken-outside-of-us

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• cupig
    cupig Member
    Hi, no, still in US.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    cupig said:
    My password works on quicken.com, but when I enter in my app on my PC it doesn't work. I have tried changing passwords many times. Make the change, but the new password won't work. I reinstalled the program as well. I can still log in on browser but not the app on my computer.
    Hello @cupig,  

I do apologize that these issues with passwords are continuing. Thank you for following up with us about these problems. 

First, what happens when the password is entered on your desktop application? Are you noticing any particular error messages, at all? Does the program seem to 'hang' indefinitely? Also, are you making use of any antivirus software, new firewall settings, or Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)? If so, be sure to let us know about this.

I look forward to your answer, and I hope to provide further advice, once I know more about the specifics of your situation. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    cupig said:
    My password works on quicken.com, but when I enter in my app on my PC it doesn't work.
    So … what’s the error ?
    And this is the Quicken ID & Password ? 
    NOT … the prompt for a Data File Password.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• cupig
    cupig Member
    it is the quicken ID password. after entering the password the replies it that credentials are not valid. I 'chatted' with someone today and they told me to call back during business hours. firewall, antivirus software turned off for test...and no vpn. It worked saturday morning and then did not work saturday afternoon. no changes on anything.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tnx - I’ve updated the topic title as that is the critical issue… there are other threads on this same exact topic, and we may request this be merged into those other existing topics.  Some are related to VPN, or Non-US users. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    cupig said:
    it is the quicken ID password. after entering the password the replies it that credentials are not valid. I 'chatted' with someone today and they told me to call back during business hours. firewall, antivirus software turned off for test...and no vpn. It worked saturday morning and then did not work saturday afternoon. no changes on anything.
    What Windows version are you using?
    What firewall, antivirus software are you using?
  • cupig
    cupig Member
    windows 11 and its mcaffe. 5 days ago windows did an update. i was able to get into quicken since then several times, but I kinda remember that my shortcut was gone around that time. I assumed I accidently removed it. Now i'm thinking that something happened during that update, so i'm going to restore my pc back and see if that makes any difference.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    cupig said:
    windows 11 and its mcaffe. 5 days ago windows did an update. i was able to get into quicken since then several times, but I kinda remember that my shortcut was gone around that time. I assumed I accidently removed it. Now i'm thinking that something happened during that update, so i'm going to restore my pc back and see if that makes any difference.
    There have been reports that a Windows Update, installed on or about 10/11/22, was found to be the culprit. If you installed a recent Windows Update, look for an additional Update which fixes the problem.
    For Windows 10 this was KB5020435 that can be applied to fix KB5018410.
    You may want to look into that.
This discussion has been closed.