What is happening with Quicken?

Options
StacyE
StacyE Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
Every time I update an acct my data disappears.... 3 days in a row now. I reconciled several accounts and entered back in and the years worth of trans are gone, only 1 trans showing.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @StacyE

Is this happening in every account or just in one account?   Do you have a recent backup of your datafile?

If you can provide more details about what you are seeing, when it started and what you were doing when this started, that will be helpful.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• StacyE
    StacyE Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options
    I updated all my accounts and it had me update the version of Quicken. I reconciled all my accounts and just as I was finishing my last account it froze. Once I could bring up Quicken again....all my data was lost. Literally one acct of 3buears was only 1 transaction. I had to load a backup to restore my data. Today, I updated again. Added split details, saved them when I moved to the other trans, realized the split I just saved was 100% gone. I have used Quicken for 25+ years and this has me searching for an alt.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @StacyE,

It sounds like your datafile has been corrupted.  Have you recently updated the Quicken application - which version are you currently running?

I suggest that you revert to a recent backup file and immediately do a file validation.  As a long time user, I believe you can appreciate that this is not normal.  Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.